Notifications
Clear all

djuced universal dj filter knob custom mapping

36 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
i wanted to request you to allow custom mapping filter(and maybe other controls also) in djuced, or create some controller-specific mappings which we can import.

the universal dj is a compact and well made controller, but unfortunately fewer knobs and buttons - and no custom mapping in djuced, make it difficult (or in some cases impossible) to access features like filter, beatjump etc.

although there is a provision for using shift+encoder in hotcue mode to control the filter, it becomes impractical for the following reasons:
1) you need to be in hotcue mode, cant do this in fx or loop mode
2) this requires two hands, you cannot control another feature together with the filter
if a transition requires changing filter while changing fx level or loop length, it is not possible.

perhaps you could allow djuced to custom map the filter to the controller mid eq knob. the center click on a knob is more practical for filter instead of an encoder where you have check the screen to verify the exact middle. additionally, if the high eq knob could be customized to map both high and mid eq, it would be a workaround.

ideally, it would be nice to add support for external midi controller, so we can map any knob to another controller, which are missing in the dj controller. hoping someday it becomes like plugins in daws, where moving a controller knob links it with a software feature.

all the updates already made to djuced are really appreciated, please keep them coming!

thanks,
hirak

Hello,

A menu to customize the mapping is indeed interesting and I have transfered your suggestion to Djuced team.

Enclosed is link to a mapping for Universal DJ in DJUCED 5 with:
- Filter assigned to treble knobs
- High+Mid assigned to Medium knobs.
To use this mapping: 
1) copy the DJControlUniversal_Filter.xml file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ Filter mapping",
4) Click on OK,
And that's it, Universal DJ Filter mapping is loaded.

It is done that way since Djuced Team found strange to place the Filter between 2 EQ knobs and prefered to place it on top of the 2 EQ knobs.

Hello,
Enclosed is a mapping for Universal DJ in DJUCED 5 with:
- Filter assigned to treble knobs
- High+Mid assigned to Medium knobs.
To use this mapping: 
1) copy the DJControlUniversal_Filter.xml file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ Filter mapping",
4) Click on OK,
Best Regards,
UX Team
Topic starter

I was able to load the mappings and the Filter and EQ mapping worked beautifully!

However, the different modes pad lights are now having many issues.
These appear to happen when I load the filter mapping:
1) After some changes, the Hotcue pad lights are off in my controller, yet I can hit the pads to jump to where it is marked inthe song display in DJUCED.
2) In FX mode, some of the pads numbered 5 to 8, are glowing in dim mode(as you know there is a full on, and a dim light mode). Different buttons on deck A and deck B are on. 

Two issues I noticed now which are there in default mapping also:
3) the macro FX control is not staying on when hitting button 4. I press it and it come on, and then switches off as I release it.
4) in sample mode button 7 on deck B never glows in dim mode on pressing shift, even when sample 7 is playing.
I've not noticed any issue with loop mode yet.

The issues 3 and 4 maybe related to the current DJUCED itself for my controller. Unless loading the mapping has altered the behavior of controller. I'll avoid loading it for now.

Please note that I did not edit or even open your mapping file in a text editor.

Anyway, thanks for providing the mapping, although the filter worked sadly I can't use it right now. Hoping that my controller is ok.
I hope your team will be able to test for these issues with the same hardware.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.
I will look at the mapping bugs but currently I am on something else, so I will not come to it before next week.

Hello hb_dj,

A) On  https://we.tl/t-w0hQTtvCUN  you can download the mapping update for Universal DJ, with still filter on Treble.

B)  About your remarks

1) Hotcue pad lights off-> I could not duplicate this issue, but in Windows, when you import a mapping, it is better to unplug/replug the controller so I guess it was your issue.
2) In FX mode, some of the pads numbered 5 to 8, are glowing in dim mode -> yes, because I has used Universal DJ Night mapping: the version enclosed uses Universal DJ standard mapping, so you will no longer have this dim backlight.
3) the macro FX control is not staying on when hitting button 4.->  Yes, that is the standard process with FX button 4. As you did not like it, I have changed it for a toggle effect in the enclosed mapping.
4) in sample mode button 7 on deck B never glows in dim mode on pressing shift -> Yes, it is a bug in Universal DJ mapping, it should be fixed in the mapping file of this message.
Topic starter

Thanks so much for all the replies!

For point 1, please note that I had to run it for some time after loading the mapping before it happens.
You probably have to trigger some FX, sample and/or loops, and then return to CUE. Just usual usage in Windows 10 64 bit.

As for unplugging, I have DJUCED on and the controller plugged in when loading the mapping.

Is it okay to unplug the controller while DJUCED is running, or do I have to close DJUCED first ?

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I could not duplicate the hot cue backlight off issue, but please try this updated mapping as the backlight is slightly different.

2) When I load a new Djuced mapping, I always do it that way in Windows: once Djuced has loaded my mapping (I know it is loaded because I see a DJControl Inpulse 300 pop up after loading a new mapping, when I leave the mapping menu in clicking on OK), then I unplug and replug the Inpulse 300, without leaving Djuced (unplugging resets the light status).

Topic starter

Thanks for clarifying.
I was having some issues with unplug to retain the custom mapping, as it switched to initial mapping configured when DJUCED is loaded.

So, instead I simply closed DJUCED and unplug and plugged back. This kept the custom mapping loaded on DJUCED startup. I guess I can't do this unplug with DJUCED open on my controller.

Interestingly, I am indeed not getting the Hotcue issue after unplug. All the light issues look fixed. Thanks a lot!

There is one more minor issue though, which happens infrequently, maybe through some combination I haven't figured out yet. The decks don't play in DJUCED sometimes. Even the play button doesn't work by clicking in DJUCED. Interestingly, using the jogwheel to scratch gives me audio output yet I can't play the deck.
Restarting it fixes it, so this one is something to fix maybe in DJUCED and independent of the controller.

Your filter eq knob mapping is a big help for me, and thanks for fixing/troubleshooting all the other issues.

Hello Hb_dj,

Thanks for your message.

For decks which sometimes don't play after pressing Play, I am not sure it is the same issue but if the computer is not properly grounded, in Vinyle mode, Universal DJ jog wheel may have unproperly detected the touch and believed a hand lays on the jog wheel.

On the computer where I got this issue, my instant workaround was to switch Vinyle Mode On/Off, and my long term workaround was to change the USB power in adding a USB hub powered by its own power adapter: even if the USB hub was not grounded, it had more ground than this PC.

Topic starter

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue as hb_dj. I tried to download the mappings that are linked in the thread, but they're no longer available. Can someone reupload the mapping so I can download it? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,
Iván

Hello,

The mapping is here, it will remain online 1 week. 

To use this mapping: 
1) copy the  file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
4) Click on OK,
Topic starter

Hi,

Thank you very much

Topic starter

Hi! I just found this posting and I would love to receive the mapping settings as well. Is it possible for you to reupload this? 🙂 Thank yu very much in advance

Hello,
The mapping file for Djuced to control Filter on Universal DJ Treble knob is on  https://we.tl/t-mLmJUrqL0L for the week.
Topic starter

Hello there,
I have  the same problem with the Universal dj console and I would love to have that mapping. Can you reupload it please ?
Thank you !

Hello Ionmar,

Welcome to the forum.
It is not a problem, it is a setting.

A Djuced mapping file called "DJControlUniversal - Filter On Treble.xml" to assign Djuced filter control on the treble knob of Universal DJ is on https://we.tl/t-bVATWkl0a3 for 1 week
You must

1) copy the file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
4) Click on OK, and sometimes you may have to recheck this mapping is loaded.
Topic starter

Interesting to check back and see that this mapping is useful for many others.

Thanks for being such a helpful and responsive support team.

Hello Hb_dj,

Thanks for the kind words.

The User Experience Team is not a support team:

- Hercules support team on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/  is in charge of providing tech support by phone & email,
- HerculesDJMixRoom UX Team is in charge of reporting usages to Hercules developpers

• UX Team = 2 persons, writing in english & french, the forum is not our primary job,
  • our target is not tech support, but to understand usages & help users with their DJ controllers
  • we try to help users meeting tech issues, but as forums provide less interactions than phone calls, 
    - we try to help users providing enough tech info to be supported via the forum,
    - and we redirect to the support team users providing not enough tech info to be helped efficiently on a forum.  
  • in this case, you did not report a tech problem (Universal DJ knobs work as they are supposed to) but a wish for another usage (would like a knob to operate differently), so
    - it fits with our first mission, provide help for specific usages
    - if there had been many requests, we would have asked Djuced teams to update their default mapping for Universal DJ, but as we did receive many requests, so we will not ask Djuced to change their mapping, but we inform them of this request so that they take it  in account for their future developments.   
Topic starter

Hello could I also request this mapping for filter on the treble? Could you reupload it please, thanks

Thank you !

Hello,

The mapping file is on  https://we.tl/t-6ghUzZQSlV

1) please copy the file "DJControlUniversal - Filter On Treble.xml" in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ Filter mapping",

Topic starter

I missed the transfer deadlineFrown, but thank you for the response!

Hello Stan,

I have re-uploaded the file for you on  https://we.tl/t-ZpHuydHZBy .

1) please copy the file "DJControlUniversal - Filter On Treble.xml" in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ Filter mapping",
2) run DJUCED 5
Topic starter

Hello Sran am i hace a problem 

Hello RauldDj2,

What is the problem?

Topic starter

Hi User Experiance team,
Can I get the Filter custom mapping for Djuced. Its very urgent, as I have a gig tomorrow.
Please send it ASAP.

Thankyou

Topic starter

Hi User Experiance team,
Can I get the Filter custom mapping for Djuced. Its very urgent, as I have a gig tomorrow.
Please send it ASAP.

Thankyou

Hello, facepalm,
Sorry, but I did not see your message as another message came just after.

The mapping is on  https://we.tl/t-95qGQxKpTU

2) run DJUCED 5
Topic starter

Thank you, much appreciated. 

Topic starter

hey! Could u please reupload the mapping? The link expired

Topic starter

Hey! Can u please reupload the link of the filter mapping? Its quite urgent. Thank you.

Hello,

On https://we.tl/t-kKkRTgG9E5  you can download for 7 days a Djuced mapping file for Universal DJ where the Filter is mapped on the treble knob:
2) run DJUCED 5
and that's it.

The link expiring after 7 days is not a mistake, it is intended that way as Universal DJ default mapping in Djuced is the standard. 

Topic starter

Thanks a lot! 

Topic starter

Hello.
Can the download be uploaded again? I am really missing this option and would love to use this custom mapping.
Thanks!

Topic starter

Hi. I've created a gist for it.
Just download the file on this link and import it as normal (hopefully won't expire)
Hercules DJ Controller - Filter / Volume Swap (github.com)

If you look at the content (XML format) it is kinda simple. you have the midi-device which are the "commands" that the computer received from the controller, and you have the midi mapping which are the actions that are done in the DJUCED app. Don't know all the possible commands. Example:

<control name="CUE_ENC_A">
   <input type="interval" incremental="yes" steps-per-turn="18" message="b0 52 7f" min="7f-40" max="1-3f"/>
  </control>
when receiving the "magic" message b0 52 7f it is considered as CUE_ENC_A (CUE Encoder A) which is mapped as:

<map name="CUE_ENC_A" action="chann=1  action=gain value=&quot;+0&quot;"/>

so sending the chann=1 action=gain value="+0" to the DJUCED app. 

Topic starter

Thank you very much. It works.
Perhaps, is it possible to attach the filter to the trebble knob, and have the treble combined on the med knob? Like the previous download link had. This would be nicer since those knobs have less "click"

Topic starter

Hey! 

I would also like to use this mapping for filter on the treble. Could you please reupload it?

Thankyou!

Topic starter

Can someone resend the mapping

Page 1 / 3