Notifications
Clear all

help 4-mix crossfader.

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

untill today alls been fine and dandy,
however today,ive not been able to fully slide the hercules (while it works fine on vdj pro 7) crossfader to the right,it wants to stop me doing so,and wont let me complete the said crossfade. 
please lease help.

regards. 

1) Do you mean that you cannot physically move the crossfader on the controller itself, as if something is preventing the movement to the right side ?

If this is correct, what happen between the moment it worked and now ?

Did the controller fell or got knocked by something ? 

Did you verify if something maybe fell inside the crossfader slot?

2) If however the problem is only with the software (meaning that physically you can move the crossafder completly to the right but doesn't move accordingly on screen), then please use the following procedure to test the crossfader outside of VDJ:

PC:  

MAC: 

Topic starter

No nothing has been dropped,it's that after months of it working with no probs, todayit refused to move to the right completely,it just fought you all the way in conjunction with VDJ PRO.
I have since delelted the Hercules 4 mx prog and re installed and now the crossfader does not work at all in conjinction with VDJ,
Vdj works fine when useing it on the lap top.

Regards. 

So can you try the crossfader outside of VDJ using the procedure suggested in 2) in my previous message?

Topic starter

Got the Midi Monitor thank you but it wont open,when launched it has a small page within the the doc.
 screan shot

Topic starter

This is so frustrating.......the midi monitor has a page within a page preventing me useing said Midi monitor.

Regards

If you are using a PC, be sure to launch MIDI monitor AS ADMINISTRATOR to prevent that window to appear. 

Topic starter

Sorry mate ran as admin as advised and it's the same.

regards

Try this one instead then:

www.midiox.com

1. Launch MIDI-OX.

2. Go to the Options Menu and select MIDI Devices.

3. The 4-Mx should be visible, so select it then click OK.

Topic starter

Thank you done that, now what data do you require from this.

Regards. 

As described in the document, if you move the crossfader slowly, the values should go from 0 to 127 (or 00 to 7F if the display is in Hexadecimal).

If this is the case, it means the crossfader would work normally.

If however the values seem to jump or be irregular, then there might be a physicall problem with the crossfader..

Topic starter

This midi ox data means nothing to me,and looks nothing like the first link you asked me to download.
i believe this product has a fault, it was bought in Feb this year via Amazon,is it returnable,or do i contact Hercules direct.
Reading other threads here this seems a recurring subject and i'm wondering if it's an inherent fault.
i'm just about ready to explode with this,i'm no computer whizz kid and would like an easy fix,even with your kind endeavours this is not the case.

Regards. 

Hello,

This crossfader issue of non complete travel in VDJ is not recurrent at all (the recurrent issue for 4-Mx and VDJ is a change of  MIDI channel making the controls not detected any longer). If you return the controller while the issue you meet in not due to the controller, but to another setting, Amazon will exchange your controller with another one which will have exactly the same issue, so prior to any exchange, it is much more efficient to test your controller to be sure its crossfader does not send the proper MIDI control.

Your problem has become complicated also because you don't give some basic pieces of technical information:
- are you in Windows or in Mac OS / which version of Windows or Mac?
- have you this problem of crossfader in VirtualDJ 7 Pro or in VirtualDJ 8 Pro?

When meeting any technical problem, fill the profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE" is necessary: 3 fields list the equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check your DJ Console 4-Mx,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check VirtualDJ,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS (for example Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 2), version of DJConsole Series driver package (last driver for Windows is 2015_HDJS_6 / last driver package for Mac is 5.69), version of DJ software (do you use VirtualDJ 7.4.2 pro or VirtualDJ 8.0.0).

Topic starter

Maxdjack thank you so much for helping,as you can imagine this is becoming very frustrating for me specially as it has been working problem free for 8 months only for it to go haywire on Fri 13th Cool

I use Windows 8.
My Laptop is a HP 15 Notebook pc,4,00gb memory,Intel (R)Core (TM)I5 - 3230M CPU@2.60GHz
I use Virtual dj Pro 7.4,in conjunction with my Hercules DJ Controller 4-MX.
However re this....I have no idea sorry
version of DJ Console Series driver package (last driver for Windows is 2015_HDJS_6 / last driver package for Mac is 5.69), version of DJ software (do you use Virtual DJ 7.4.2 pro or Virtual DJ 8.0.0).

Regards
Soulie.

This midi ox data means nothing to me,and looks nothing like the first link you asked me to download.

With MIDI OX, the important information you need to look at is in column DATA 2. This is where you should the numbers going from 00 (when on the left) to 7F (when completely to the right). As mentionned in the document, if these values are not reached (say it stops at 09 for example) or jumps in values (you've already reached 7F while the physical crossfader is still only half way) , then it would indicate a problem with the crossfader.

However, you may also want to try reloading the default mapping in VDJ just to be sure that there was no changes there that would affect the behavior of the crossfader.

You might also want to apply the latest update for your version (currently v7.4.6).  

Hello,

To know your version of drivers, you can open the control panel, and go at the about tab, for example the control panel hereafter says Package 1_HDJS_2014.

Have you checked if blowing in your crossfader (possibly with a with a blower (un spolador) like this one) in case your problem is just dust or polyfoam in your crossfader?

Topic starter

Maxdjack my Hercules info is as the eg you've kindly posted.
Firmware: 1.6 13.16
Driver 6.8.9.0
Midi Map Default
DJ API; 2.0.28.7
CPL 2.0.14.4
Ref 4780653-17932-01169

Regards
Soulie 

And how about testing with MIDI OX (as explained just above Maxdjack last message)?

Topic starter

Phat one...
I've tried Midi Ox,which when displayed bears no resemblance to the eg you kindly sent me.
Anyway following your instructions i called up the said controller and when moving the crossfader from left to right just got a vertical col of figure widly changing on each slide.
Can you please advise.

Regards
Soulie. 

The may look different, but both software work the same way.What you need to care about is the last value displayed (at the bottom if you will):

- Set the crossfader to the left end side, and the last value should be 00

- Set it to the right, and you should see 7F

If this is what you get, then your crossfader is most likely working properly.

If you get either of these values at a different physical position, then there might be a problem with the crossfader.

Page 1 / 2