Notifications
Clear all

mk2 firmware problems

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

my mk2 is about a year and a half old in worked perfectly with the 2006 and 2007 drivers.
few weeks ago ive been testing the rmx of a frind and i had to update everything to 2008. after using the rmx with no issues, when i came back to my mk2 i wanted to move back to 2006 but something went wrong! after severat attempts i realized that my computer doesnt recognize the mk2 anymore...it starts good and then i get the message that my harware wasnt installed properly. i tryed on 2 other computers and is the same problem. it seems that the firmware of my mk2 got broken somehow and now the usb desnt see it as hercules.
is there any way to reflash it? i live in a country where hercules doesnt have a dealer so i cant send it back.

does anyone else have this problem? is there a solution for it?

8 Answers
Topic starter

Well, first of all you can check to see whether your mk2 is installed properly by following this pdf guide

I know you can reset the firmware on the mk2,I've done it on my old one, it's something about pressing the mic button in but I can't remember, and can't find the pdf guide to tell you how to do it. I'll have a look. If I found it I'll post back.

Maybe someone else can help you on that one.

8 Answers
Topic starter

Found it I think, the Firmware reset can be found on this link, It's from a VirtualDJ user's website.

8 Answers
Topic starter

hi Drew, yes... the console can be reset, but the way you can do it depends on few things. just provide me with the followings, and I can confirm or not if the procedure sent by Jimmy B will work:

- first let me know if your console is correctly installed / recognized, see here:>

- open the MK2 Control Panel, go to About tab and let me know what´s written there exactly

- having the console connected to your computer, what LED´s stay ON (Play, Cue, Audio source... all) on the console?

8 Answers
Topic starter

Hi TheK and everyone.
First i wanna thank you for the reply. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, the story is this:
I borrowed another Mk2 and i installed the 2007 drivers. With the bowoed one everything is fine. I see the hercules in control panel and in "device manager-system" i see it a composite usb device under the USB controllers part. I don't see the dj console in "device manager-syetm" like in the posted PDF but i don't think i ever did therefore i consider everything to be normal.

When i plug my Mk2 though, the situation chages to:
the system doesn't recognizes the Herc, so the system doesn't start (i don't see the little icon in my quick lounch bar) and in "device manager-system", under the USB, i see "usb composite device" but with an exclation sign in a yellow circle (the regular windows error sign)

The buttons that stay on on the Herc are: play, cue, autobeat, master tempo, audio source, loop, cue, fx on both sides so is actually all on!

I will try Jimmy's suggestion and i'll get back to you.

Thank you again

8 Answers
Topic starter

Ok, 10 minutes later, all done and working!

Thank u all.

Cheers

8 Answers
Topic starter

Ok, 10 minutes later, all done and working!

Thank u all.

Cheers

So did you have to reset the Firmware?

Glad you are sorted.

8 Answers
Topic starter

I followed the instruction from the link u've sent and it all went smooth. Yeah, i guess it was a firmware reset.

Thanks

8 Answers
Topic starter

Hallo.
Sorry to resurect this old tread. But my Hercules MK2 does not work any more after few years no use. I have exactly the same problem, but I can not upgrade the firmware. I got the latest release and followed the instructions many times, but firmware upgrade fails or device will not be seen by manual updater. I tried on mac OS X SnowLeo, Lion and winXP. Mac does not recognize the device at all. XP sees it , but say that USB device has problems.

8 Answers

Since you've tried a lot of things, and you always come back to the same results, so it is highly possible that your MK2 is defective. Not much else that can be done if it is the case.

8 Answers
Topic starter

well, first of all you can check to see whether your mk2 is installed properly by following this pdf guide

i know you can reset the firmware on the mk2,ive done it on my old one, its something about pressing the mic button in but i cant remember, and cant find the pdf guide to tell you how to do it. ill have a look. if i found it ill post back.

maybe someone else can help you on that one.

Topic starter

found it i think, the firmware reset can be found on this link, its from a virtualdj users website.

Topic starter

hi drew, yes... the console can be reset, but the way you can do it depends on few things. just provide me with the followings, and i can confirm or not if the procedure sent by jimmy b will work:

- first let me know if your console is correctly installed / recognized, see here:>

- open the mk2 control panel, go to about tab and let me know what´s written there exactly

- having the console connected to your computer, what led´s stay on (play, cue, audio source... all) on the console?

Topic starter

hi thek and everyone.
first i wanna thank you for the reply. your help is greatly appreciated.

ok, the story is this:
i borrowed another mk2 and i installed the 2007 drivers. with the bowoed one everything is fine. i see the hercules in control panel and in "device manager-system" i see it a composite usb device under the usb controllers part. i dont see the dj console in "device manager-syetm" like in the posted pdf but i dont think i ever did therefore i consider everything to be normal.

when i plug my mk2 though, the situation chages to:
the system doesnt recognizes the herc, so the system doesnt start (i dont see the little icon in my quick lounch bar) and in "device manager-system", under the usb, i see "usb composite device" but with an exclation sign in a yellow circle (the regular windows error sign)

the buttons that stay on on the herc are: play, cue, autobeat, master tempo, audio source, loop, cue, fx on both sides so is actually all on!

i will try jimmys suggestion and ill get back to you.

thank you again

Topic starter

ok, 10 minutes later, all done and working!

thank u all.

cheers

Page 1 / 2