mp3 e2 not showing ...

Notifications
Clear all

mp3 e2 not showing up in audio/midi setup

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i recently got a mp3 e2 from a mate that wasnt using it anymore. 

i installed the drivers following the procedure as explained on hercules main website, it is present in system information as a usb interface but isnt visible in the midi setup.

i tried using it with traktor using the mapping provided for the lattest version but here again, after importing the midi config, i have no control on the software.

i am using osx montain lion 10.7
traktor 2.5

also, i am usually using my steinberg cl1 for sound output as i am using specific speakers, is there a way i can use this soundcard to configure an output for audio preview ?

thank you very much. 

I guess you have confirmation from your mate that the controller was working for him previously ?

If it is identified as a USB Interface in System Information rather than by name (Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2), it could explain why it is not seen as a MIDI controller.

Have you tried using another USB cable, connecting through a powered USB hub or testing it on your friend's computer to see if the result were the same ?

As for your audio interface, since it only has 1 stereo output (the headphone is a duplicate of the main output), audio preview is not possible. However, you could create an Aggregate Device, which would combine your audio interface and the computer audio output:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3956

Topic starter

Thank you very much for your answer.

That was bad formulation. The device actually shows up under the name Hercules MP3 e2 in Usb>Bus>Hub. However, it is invisible in audio/midi setup. Also, I have read it might come from the version that's probably not updated to the lattest but I don't see anyway to update this driver.

Thanks 

Hello,

You can download Hercules DJ Control Mp3 e2 driver for Mac OS here, the last driver package for Mac OS is 5.03.

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack, it seems like my driver is updated to the lattest... The problem must come from something else..
Do you have any idea ?

Thank you 

Have you tried using another USB cable, connecting through a powered USB hub or testing it on your friend's computer to see if the result were the same ?

Topic starter

Unfortunately I am living abroad and took the controller with me, therefore unable to try it on his computer. However he did tell me it should be working fine. I have tried to use another cable but i don't own a usb Hub, so i just tried each of the two built in usb ports with the same result...

Are there any other computer around you could try it on ?

Topic starter

Hi Phatso, sorry for the late reply, 

Unfortunately there's no other OSX computers on which I could try it, how ever, it seems to be working on windows (could not check with tracktor but the device is visible in devices). Therefore, the controller is working and the problem must be elsewhere...
Any idea ? 

You the controller appears in Device Manager ?

If you have the chance to try it on PC again, please try MIDI as explained in the following document:

If indeed it does work, then it is probably something wrong with your Mac, but what exactly I can't really say.

Topic starter

I have tried to reinstall the software on my mac and there is two things:

The first is the device doesn't show up in system information>Usb anymore
The second is once the instalation is complete, I am asked to restart the computer. I do it and then nothing happens. I can launch the MP3E2 pannel control but if I try launch the updater, the window is like frozen and displays: Firmware controller: n/a/ Audio: n/a/ Bliutooth: n/a..
Unless there is a step Im missing in the installation process, there's something wrong with the driver, or some setting in my computer but never had that type of problem before. 

The MP3 e2  Firmware cannot be updated, so it is normail that nothing shows up in the Updater.

As for the Control panel, do you see any information in the About tab ?

Topic starter

Hi

Yes, in the about tab, I can see:

Firmware: V.1.0.9.1
Server: V12.17
DJ API: V9.0

Topic starter

I just installed a midi monitoring programm to test the device. I have pefect midi responses from the device when pressing the buttons, the faders or anything else. So the device is working fine. But why doesn't it show up in the Midi devices ? or Midi studio...

Hello,

Can you check if your DJ Control MP3 e2 is set on MIDI channel 1?

The Traktor TSI preset files expect DJControl MP3 e2 to be set on MIDI channel 1.

Topic starter

Hello, I can confirm everything is just as it is on your picture in my control panel... 
I have been testing the midi response through the audio/midi setup, in the midi window, clicking test setup, then press a button on the controller, there is a sound, but the device is still invisible !! How weird is this ?

I'm starting to loose hope 🙁 

Topic starter

Update, for some reason it is now working fine with tracktor !! I don't know what I did but it is working fine.

However, I have created an agregate device for sound output but once in tracktor, i cannot select an output for the sound preview, how can you make that?

Also I want to thank you very much for your help so far and for the time you spent answering my questions 🙂

Don 

Hello,

Please precise which devices you have aggregated, and how they are set.

As I suppose you aggregate
- your Mac internal audio
- with a USB sound device,
so you must check in Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi setup
that both devices are set on the same sampling rate and sampling step: if you aggregate a device operating at 44.1 kHz with a device operating at 48 kHz, there is an problem.

Page 1 / 2