problem with trakto...

Notifications
Clear all

problem with traktor le 2.10 and mac osx el capitan

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

goodmorning! yesterday i updated my traktor le 2, from 2.6 to 2.10. now, when i try to upgrade to traktor pro or when i go for changing the root folder in documents (no problems with 2.6), traktor crashes and it appears an error apple message on the screen, to send them the problem. has anyone seen this error? just trying to click into upgrade and it will appear. thanks for your help!

Since you are trying to upgrade to Traktor Pro, I would recommand contacting Native Instruments support. I know they had issues with El Capitan at first, which should now be solved with current version, so maybe there is a specific procedure to follow to get everything running smoothly. 

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/registration-support/

Topic starter

Hi Phatso. I didn't want to complete the upgrade. It was just a test. I have seen that I have also an error changing the root folder. Check the image.

I also have a question. Do you have Hercules RMX 2 and Traktor LE? I saw that with GAIN knob I change the Filter and not the Gain. Morover, I focus my attention into wizard setup: I can choose between Hercules RMX 2 and Hercules RMX 2 LE. The first doesn't let me change the effects with pad. The second one lets me change the effects, but I have some problems with the led of the A deck: the first led is switched off during the song plays. Have you noted these problems?

Sorry for all the questions... Thanks! 

Topic starter

That's the error. 

As the name imply, each mapping was created for each version and their respective features. Since version LE only gives you access to 3 FX (and less control over them), it is perfectly normal that things may not work when using the Pro mapping (which use much more elaborate configuration).

If you go to Help menu > Manual > Controllers > Hercules, you'll find PDF files which explain all the functions assigned for each mapping. This is where you'll see that you first need to press SHIFT to manipulate the gain using the Gain knob.

As for the problem with Traktor, you might want to check this help document:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/810/traktor-error-message-could-not-initialize-traktor-with-root-directory-set-to/

Topic starter

Thanks Phatso.

1) The error appear just when I try to upgrade or I change the root folder. Simply, Traktor crashes. Maybe it is a bug.

2) I saw that the RMX 2 and RMX 2 LE setup are not perfect. So, having Traktor 2 LE, should I use the RMX 2 LE configuration? It is strange that the first led on A deck is switched off when it should be on, and vice versa. Maybe it is a mapping issue... 

1) As mentioned previously, you might want to check with NI on that one. Since there has been some important changes since v2.6, just having tried the upgrade on a version of OS X that just recently been declared compatible, there may be some problem even they migth not be aware of.

2) Could you define "not perfect"?

Indeed, you should use the LE mapping with the LE version, since, as mentioned before, they were configured to take advantage of each version features.

Topic starter

Hi Phatso. Not perfect means: 

1) The left VU meter, on the deck A, has the first led switched off when it should be on, and on when it should be off. It is strange. 

2) When I use the Crossfader and for example I go on the Deck B, while Deck A is playing, the VU Meter of thr Deck A goes off when I go with the crossfader to the deck B. It doesn't happen when I use Hercules RMX 2 mapper instead the LE version. 

Regarding 1), indeed there seem to be a missing value for the low LED on Deck A. Good Catch!! I'll report it to NI so modification to the mapping can be made.

As for 2), I'll refer you again to the configuration document. The VU meter are by default set to POST FADER level. If you want them to show PRE FADER level, press the headphone button for each deck.

Topic starter

Hi Phatso! So are you working for NI? Good news! Thanks for your help!

For the 2), I preferred to have the VU meters Pre Fader Level as in the Hercules RMX 2 mapper. What a pity. Do you know where I can find the differences between the two mapping version?

Last question: what setting should I do for my RMX 2 and Traktor LE? Service Center tells me to download Audio 2, Audio 4 etc. I try to download them, but in my launch pad I have just Audio 6 and Audio 10 into my Traktor Folder. It is strange... Why?

Thanks! 

Actually, I work for Hercules, but we have a working relationship with NI.

As for the mappings, both are working the same way when it comes to the VU meter, but if you want to make changes:

- Under Controller manager, in the list of Controls, find Deck Pre-Fader level (L+R) and Deck Post-Fader level (L+R)

- You'll notice that both have exactly the same MIDI assignment and configuration EXCEPT for Modifier 1 which either says 0 or 1.

- All you have to do to alter the behavior is to change the 0 to 1 and the 1 to 0 for all of them. This way the VU meters will work in Pre fader by default

I'm not sure I understand your last question. You are using the Rmx2 integrated soundcard (which is configured automatiquely by Traktor), so you have no need for the Audio2/4/6/8/10 audio drivers, which you might not own anyway.

Topic starter

I am so sorry Phatso but I am italian and my English is not so good. Just for survival... 😀

I will try to exchange the values to have the Pre Fader VU meter as I prefer.

Just it remains the issue about low led on deck A. Hope Hercules will fix it soon.

For the last question you understood. I didn't know how to set the soundcard and the drivers. So, using the Hercules, can I delete the Audio 6 and Audio 10 from the folder Native Instruments into my LaunchPad?

Thanks! 

Here you'll find the main mapping with the LED issue corrected as well as a configuration document that details the audio setting for the Rmx2 with Traktor

Topic starter

Thanks Phatso, is that the LE mapping version, isn't it? Today I will try to set this one. Is there any guide to follow?

PS:

These are the two icons Audio 6 and Audio 10.

LaunchPad - Folder Native Instruments

Can I delete them? 

This is the regular Traktor mapping, not LE. The document is included in the zip file.

As for whatever else, I'm not sure what you installed, but if you don't have an Audio6 or a LaunchPad, it is probably safe to uninstall them.

Topic starter

The wrong low led mapping was the LE one, the Hercules RMX 2 (not LE) was right!

Page 1 / 2