problems with the r...

Notifications
Clear all

problems with the rmx ! panic att the disco !!!

38 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everybody !!!!
i need your help urgently ! i have a gig coming upp, and i have just bought the rmx console.....
what is wrong when the rmx does not start when i press the shortcut on my desktop ?!
i get a error message that says: the controller has not been detected please plug in the controll and start vdj again.
this is driving me crazy, i have tried re-installing the drives over and over again... i have even tried the with the updated drives, same resoult.
i have allso tried all my usb ports, same resoult. windows gives me a error code 37, and that means that my computer is not able to install the drives for rmx !!
when i plug it in to my usb port the ligths start blinkin and it seems like there´s no problems, but then windows starts nagging about that it has found  the hercules rmx, and wants to install everthing again.... argh !!!!!!!!!!
this type of problem is too big for me to crack since i dont have a masters degree in computer science....
im about to give up.
the most anoying thing is that the console works fine at the dealers demo set up, we tried it there to make sure that the console is ok. i use pc & windows xp service pack 2

19 Answers
Topic starter

Everytime you try a different USB port the RMX will always try and install itself again. Even if you have 10 USB ports and try them all it will install it self on all of them.

You should always only use one port, and use that port all the time.

Uninstall the drivers, then restart your PC/Laptop. Re-install the driver package,(without the RMX plugged in) at the point where it ask you to plug in the controller, choose a USB port (and only use that port) and plug in and let the process continue, and see what you get.

It should load up 3 different things, midi, Asio, and bulk. Once that is done it should tell you whether it was succesful or not.

19 Answers
Topic starter

hey DJ-Jussy,

you can see here how the console should be in Device Manager:

please let us know if your problem is solved.. otherwise tell me more about your PC (laptop, desktop, how many USBs...).

19 Answers
Topic starter

Hey DJ-Jussy,

Looks to you had the same problem i have, i just bought the Rmx console this weekend.
Installed the Drivers then it asks me to plug in my console.

But nothing happens, i hear the sound vista plays when connecting a USB device but it keeps waiting on the "Please plug in your Hercules Devices you wish to install", i was able to get them installed when i holded down a button on the console, the suddenly the installation continues, but after its completed my Dj control panel doesn't see any Device connected. And the lights just keep blinking. when i start VDj it also says that the conle could not be found.

Im using Vista Business, i als tried installing it on XP Pro but its the same problem.

Or my console is broke or i did something wrong, whitch i doubt :S

Did you happen to find a solution ?

19 Answers
Topic starter

It sounds like the Installation wasn't cmpleted, or the firmware wasn't fully updated.

You can reset the firmware on the RMX but I can't find the pdf manaul for the reset, maybe TheK could help you out with it.

I've got the Firmware Reset pdf manual saved on my PC, but I dn't know how to get it up here.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the respond JimmyB

is there a possibility that you could send me the pdf through mail perhaps, if you can find it ?

Thanks in advance

19 Answers
Topic starter

Yes no problem, I have found the pdf.

I have sent you a friends request, once you have accepted it, you then can send me a private message, with you email address in it. Or if you don't mind you can put your email address up on here.

When I recieve your email address I can then send you a email with a copy of the pdf as a attachment. Smile

19 Answers
Topic starter

Could you please send me the pdf as well. I seem to have the same problem.

thanks in advance.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Could you please send me the pdf as well. I seem to have the same problem.

Yes, no problem. I've accepted your friends request, so just drop me a message with you email on it, and I'll get it sent to you. Laughing

19 Answers
Topic starter

If you use AIM hit me up @ factory81nu9

I am pretty good with this guy now. I am a pro-firmware flasher. Atleast with Windows....
Or PM me on here and I will send you the info if Jimmy doesn't.

It's really easy...

19 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks guys... I was able to find a little bit of info on another forum by searching for "HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" .  I found a PDF and this post.  I'll repost the instructions here so that if someone else is in trouble they can give this a try:  this was written for the mk2 but works with the RMX...

-------------------------------------------------

You can try this manual fix as a last try before you return it for a new... It fixed mine, when mine went dead.

- instructions provided from Hercules Support

1- Disconnect the Console.

2- Shutdown the system. (Restart will not do, make sure to completely shut it down)

3- Turn it back on.

4- Once completely restarted, close the MK2 mixer on the taskbar. If it isn't there click Start, Run, type in taskmgr then click ok. Go on the Processes tab and locate the HDJ2CPL.exe right-click it and choose end process then click Yes on the warning message.

5- Click Start, Run and type in
"c:/Program Files/Hercules/Audio/DJ Console Series/firmware/HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" -manual
and click OK.

6- Hold talkover button on the console and reconnect it (make sure to hold the button while plugging it back)

7- Now the DJ Console Mk2 Updater Firmware Controller should say boot. Click the Open Ctrl... button and select HDJ_TUSB.dja file then click Open..   <--- replace this file w/ the one for the RMX... RMX_TUSB.dja

8- Make sure there is a check mark in the Flash for the Firmware controller and press update!

9- Unplug the DJ Console and plug it back.

10- Check in the DJ Console Updater if a firmware is now installed.

11- Go in the Control Panel and then into Game controllers.

12- Go into the DJ Console Mk2 properties and move the treble knob on the right side of the console. If it works your good to go, if it doesn't repeat the procedure from section 7.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Hello,

I think those intructions are not welcomed, simply because this procedure could damage your consoles if this one doesn't need a manual Update of the Firmware.

And i really don't know how you did to select the checkbox in the Updater because that procedure is for an MK2. For an Rmx it's a different button that allow you to select the CTRL / Audio and Flashing the controller or Audio.

So guys don't try this procedure if the problem is not fully confirmed.

My opinion.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Just be careful flashing your firmware that you do not bump anything. It is relatively safe I think on this console. I've done it multiple times now without a problem. It seems now that I have it working and installed properly....I do not have to mess with it much. Other than unplugging it and replugging it if I statically kill it while playing in VDJ

I would say they are perfectly welcomed in the community of RMX users. Seriously you cannot get your RMX to work unless you flash your firmware and force install drivers sometimes.

Don't get the poster above wrong, Flashing your firmware is risky business. You can kill your RMX to the point where you have to send it back. But if done properly you should not have any problems with the flash.

19 Answers
Topic starter

factory81,

That's exact the point i was talking about: Update properly the Consoles firmware.

Unfortunatly, you cannot update the RMX with an procedure for an MK2. Just image the first new DJ trying to do a manual update and breaking his console at the way you cannot re-write the Firmware because of a procedure right Here.

Tchuss.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Well...

I was able to update my RMX firmware using this method. Yes the labels on the checkboxes are different, but I was able to figure it out. Frankly the differences are pretty obvious and self-explanitory. I don't think it will let you upload the wrong firmware to the device.

When I first opened the box and installed the hardware and software, it seemed to work OK. It told me I had a firmware update available, would I like to install it? YES. I trusted the automatic update software to do the work and it failed. I was left with a console that did nothing but flash its lights when plugged in, and just to make it absolutely clear: _it happened when I ran the AUTOMATIC update for the first time_. Updating it properly was FAIL. It was visible as a USB device but not recognized as an RMX by XP. I was essentially left with a paperweight that did nothing but blink after owning it for about 15 minutes.

I emailed Hercules Tech support about it and got a reply the next day that said:

• If the LED?s are blinking then the firmware of the console is damaged and you have to rewrite the TUSB so please follow the attached the TUSB procedure step by step.

The PDF they attached shows a picture of the manual firmware updater window, with no mention of what the program does, how to use it, where to find it, how to start it in manual mode, or what TUSB is. There was no TUSB procedure and no step by step directions. They didnt seem to understand the question at all.  I figured out the command to start the firmware updater in manual mode, the procedure for plugging/restarting/unplugging correctly, and the order of operations from the instructions that I found for the mk2... the rest (use the firmware that says RMX on it, and the checkboxes are different) I was able to figure out on my own.  The instructions for the mk2 were far more helpful than the non-sequitor I got from tech support, and it did work.

So yeah, be careful, but when your firmware is already hosed, what do you have to lose? Don't do it for no reason or just for fun. Definately not recommended for the low IQ crew.

19 Answers
Topic starter

If you use AIM hit me up @ factory81nu9

I am pretty good with this guy now. I am a pro-firmware flasher. Atleast with Windows....
Or PM me on here and I will send you the info if Jimmy doesn't.

It's really easy...

would you be so kind and send me the flash reset? i just bought this RMX and when it worked it was great... now i'm just spending hrs tryig to figure it out and getting to the point of bringing it back and buying omni controler... thanks [email protected]

19 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, i Enrique from Argentina, i had a Hercules Mk2 Console... when i was installing the Driver for Windows XP, this ask for plug in a Mk2 Console to USB, i do that... and the "Firmware Upgrade Process start" but, in secods the computer freeze and stuck the process, now when i plug the Mk2 Console.. all the lights stay ON, and Windows XP don't recognizes... only was recognize as "Unknow USB Device"... some one can help me? I try the procedure holding the talkover button, and runing HDJSeriesUpdater in manual mode, but i have don't luke.. 🙁

Helpppppppppp please!!!

19 Answers

Hello Sirkike,

1) Have you DJ Console Mk2 reflash procedure for XP or did you try with another procedure?

2) If the power supply ohn your computer USB port is unstable (which may explain why your original flashing crashed), you should try the reflashing procedure on another USB port, or, even better, on another computer.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Hello everybody !!!!
i have just bought hercules rmx console with vdj5
i have installed the latest drivers but it keeps saying;
the controler has not been detected....
i have a pc with windows xp.
can somebody help me please 🙁
i'm from belgium
greetz

19 Answers

@Stu

Can you first verify that the Rmx is correctly installed, as described in this document:

19 Answers
Page 1 / 3