Notifications
Clear all

sound leak?

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i am having a small issue with the rmx. when i am usuing the crossfader to put close out one of the channels you can still hear the sound of it when i am not supposed to. how can this issue be fixed?

so far the only rememedy is to move it back toward the center & quickly back again to the side at a more harder level of force.

8 Answers

This is the case for both VDJ and Traktor ?

Can you detail:

- The audio configuration you are using in the software where you have the problem ?

- How your speakers and headphone are connected (directly to the Rmx, through a mixer, etc) ?  

8 Answers
Topic starter

Audio configueration? Ummm, I have USB to iMac, rca jacks to stereo, head phones in the front.  As far as software config, i did, everything is standard, I haven't changed anything.

It is the fader.

8 Answers

By detailed description, I was looking for a little more information to help you figure out where the problem could be. "Everything is standard" doesn't tell me much...

- Your speakers are connected to Output 1/2 on the back of the Rmx ?

- In Traktor for example ( as I still don't know if both softwares are affected), did you configure

Audio Setup > Audio Device > Hercules DJ Rmx ASIO

Output Routing > Mixing Mode Internal

Output Master to channel 1/2 and Output Monitor to Channel 3/4

8 Answers
Topic starter

Well I'll double check when I get home.

I am sure it is set for Hercules DJ RMX ASIO
And the output is from channel 1/2

Oh yeah, I am using Virtual DJ

8 Answers

Hello Ace,

To solve a technical issue, it is necessary to give technical details, we may not guess how is set your computer, so I precise Phatso question:

1) What is your software?
A detailled answer is for example VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC, or VirtualDJ 6.0.8 Pro, it requires precising the version of the software. 

2) What is your operating system? Please don't answer only Windows or Mac, give a complete answer as Mac OS 10.6.1 or Windows XP SP3.

3) What is you driver version for your Rmx? Don't just say the drivers on the CD, it not a complete answer as we cannot guess which are these drivers. Did you install the last version of DJ Console Rmx, for example if you are in Mac OS it should be the driver package 2.09
You can download drivers here
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1
the direct link for the last Mac OS drivers is

If you have older drivers, please update the drivers, and afterwards let us know if it solves or not your issue.

Writing the complete computer and software configuration takes 5 to 10 minutes , and it may take just 10 minutes to solve your problem, but it may also take monthes to solve your problem in message exchanges if you don't just precise your complete computer configuration in 1 message.

8 Answers
Topic starter

Across the board I am using the latest of everything.
Sorry I wasn't precise enough Max but since it was just the hardware that seemed to be the issue to me, I did not think it was that critical even though I got what I could and said I would check when I got home.

The latest VDJ LE, the latest of Snow Leopard, the lastest Hurcules RMX drivers. I know so because I have made sure that I checked all the site and made sure of it. Also I do automatic updates on my Mac routinitely. 

Once again, I'll check again for everything when i get home which should be tonight.

8 Answers

Hello,

A) It is not a hardware issue: a DJ Console Rmx is a SOFTWARE DJ control surface, it is not an analog mixer, so if you get in the main output (output 1-2) a sound leak from the deck which should be off considering the crossfader position, it is a software or driver setting issue.
The force with which you move the crossfader cannot have an impact on the software as the command the crossfader sends is a MIDI command, not related the force, but just with the crossfader position, ("move it back toward the center & quickly back again to the side at a more harder level of force."), so I suppose it is a software or driver issue, and that the first time you move the crossfader, the position is not scanned on time, and afterwards it is, which is precisely a software issue.

B) We cannot duplicate your issue if we cannot be sure we put the same version of operating system, so please WRITE the version NUMBERS, as you cannot write it, we cannot guess what you believe is the last version, we cannot guess if you have registrered on VirtualDJ website to update your VirtualDJ software version, we cannot guess if you have downloaded on Apple website a trial version of VirtualDJ Pro, we cannot guess whether you download public or developpers versions of Mac OS.

1 - When you click on you Apple logo, in the About this mac field, you can find the version of of Mac OS, is it Mac 10.6.3?
Please don't write it is the last version, there is NO last version (depending whether you are a developer or not, it is not the same version), we cannot know what you consider as the last, we cannot guess what you update, just write which Mac OS version you have.

2 - Please precise us which version of DJ Console Rmx drivers you have installed? Is is 2
2.09 package?
You can download drivers here
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid= 62&pid=215&cid=1
the direct link for the last Mac OS drivers is
http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstal l_2_09.pkg.zip
Mac OS doesn't update DJ Console Rmx drivers automatically, so please precise which DJ Console Rmx drivers you have installed, don't assume we guess what you do on your computer.

3 - Please precise which version of VirtualDJ you have. When you start VirtualDJ, you may see, on top right of the first screen, a version number; is it 5.2.2?

Please understand that giving a precise technical answer as:
- Computer: MacBook 5.1
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Resolution: 1280x800
- Operating system: Mac OS 10.5.6
- VirtualDJ version: 5.2.2 DJC
- DJ Console driver: 2.09 package
- DJ Console Rmx USB connection: directly in the Mac, of a USB plug on the left panel, the plug the closer from the mini-display output
- Sound playbackin active speakers connected directly on RCA output 1-2
- use of headphones output: no
is much more useful than writing you have an iMac with the last version of everything, we cannot guess what you mean as the only way to diagnose your problem is to know REALLLY which version you have.

8 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks I resolved my problem. I unistalled & reinstalled everything and also upgraded my DJV software.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best.

8 Answers
Topic starter

this is the case for both vdj and traktor ?

can you detail:

- the audio configuration you are using in the software where you have the problem ?

- how your speakers and headphone are connected (directly to the rmx, through a mixer, etc) ?  

Topic starter

audio configueration? ummm, i have usb to imac, rca jacks to stereo, head phones in the front.  as far as software config, i did, everything is standard, i havent changed anything.

it is the fader.

Topic starter

by detailed description, i was looking for a little more information to help you figure out where the problem could be. "everything is standard" doesnt tell me much...

- your speakers are connected to output 1/2 on the back of the rmx ?

- in traktor for example ( as i still dont know if both softwares are affected), did you configure

audio setup > audio device > hercules dj rmx asio

output routing > mixing mode internal

output master to channel 1/2 and output monitor to channel 3/4

Topic starter

well ill double check when i get home.

i am sure it is set for hercules dj rmx asio
and the output is from channel 1/2

oh yeah, i am using virtual dj

Topic starter

hello ace,

to solve a technical issue, it is necessary to give technical details, we may not guess how is set your computer, so i precise phatso question:

1) what is your software?
a detailled answer is for example virtualdj 5.2.2 djc, or virtualdj 6.0.8 pro, it requires precising the version of the software. 

2) what is your operating system? please dont answer only windows or mac, give a complete answer as mac os 10.6.1 or windows xp sp3.

3) what is you driver version for your rmx? dont just say the drivers on the cd, it not a complete answer as we cannot guess which are these drivers. did you install the last version of dj console rmx, for example if you are in mac os it should be the driver package 2.09
you can download drivers here
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1
the direct link for the last mac os drivers is

if you have older drivers, please update the drivers, and afterwards let us know if it solves or not your issue.

writing the complete computer and software configuration takes 5 to 10 minutes , and it may take just 10 minutes to solve your problem, but it may also take monthes to solve your problem in message exchanges if you dont just precise your complete computer configuration in 1 message.

Topic starter

across the board i am using the latest of everything.
sorry i wasnt precise enough max but since it was just the hardware that seemed to be the issue to me, i did not think it was that critical even though i got what i could and said i would check when i got home.

the latest vdj le, the latest of snow leopard, the lastest hurcules rmx drivers. i know so because i have made sure that i checked all the site and made sure of it. also i do automatic updates on my mac routinitely. 

once again, ill check again for everything when i get home which should be tonight.

Page 1 / 2