Starting the Stream...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Starting the Stream Controll EXE

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey, so I got the Hercules 200 XLR trying to install everything properly.

The issue is, the stream controll app won't even open. I start it as Administrator, nothing happens. I gave full security permissions (they are missing for the complete installed folders) to every user and installer. Also I shutdown my Firewall.
But the exe just won't start. Also I deinstalled and reinstalled everything. Nothing works.

I can't also find pre-roll versions of the software on the net, so now I'm here stuck with the Stream Controll v1.4.1, which just won't start. Nothing happens at all. Not even after several restarts of the PC. Repairing the software also won't help.

I'm operating on Win 11 64bit, Norton Firewall (but completely deactivated during installation).

Is there any help?

PS: the funny thing is, it won't let me now uninstall the software (0x5 permission denied) although all security permissions are given, uninstallation runs as admin and firewall is shut down - but then! the EXE would start and give me the SDK error, trying then to repair the installation via the setup (as admin of course) won't help - SDK error persists and uninstallation won't work - honestly this is driving me mad. I really hope there is a solution herefor

This topic was modified 2 days ago by sistersinister
1 Answer
Topic starter

SOLVED

Solution (I got via Chat Support):

Completely uninstall your Norton Security, after that uninstallation and re-installation of Hercules Stream Controll works, start it (and apply any mandatory updates).
After that just re-install your Security. If you restart then the Hercules Stream Controll, a pop up might show up from Norton. Just confirm.
The issue seems to be around the ports, which is weird, because all in- and outgoing data was completely permitted by Norton before. But, at least the workaround works