4-mx not recognised...

Notifications
Clear all

4-mx not recognised by pc

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i bought this for my son and despite trying to install on three different computers, i cant get it to be recognised by any. main computer is dell latitude e7440 core i7 running win 7 64bit.
tried running the install cd, tried downloading and running the latest versions on the hercules site. when connecting the controller, the mic lights illuminates for a couple of seconds and then fades out - no other lights or signs of life.
looked in the device manager - nothing is present - looked in the sounds playback tab - no sign.
tried the manual firmware updater - from the cd it just flashes and disappears, from the latest web update, it ironically says that it expected newer drivers to be installed and to reinstall the driver package so does not come up. tried the holding down of buttons in combinations during connnection but nothing. 
one thing i have noticed also is that the control centre does not see the controller and so will not open

any help appreciated. this kind of thing is super frustrating especially at christmas.  

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

From your description, there seems to be a physical problem with this unit. I would suggest contacting Technical Support to confirm it and potentially getting a replacement from the retailler.

As for the newer driver massage your are getting, this usually happen when some file from a the previous installation are not being updated correctly.

The solutions:

Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder and delete the following files:

- hdjbulk.sys  
- hdjasiok.sys
- hdjmidi.sys

Once done, launch the installation again.