4-mx refusing to in...

Notifications
Clear all

4-mx refusing to install properly

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i recently got a 4-mx from a friend, and i decided to try to set it up, so i decided to install your drivers for the console. i listened to the instructions exactly how they were given, and in the end, i just ended up with an icon on the bottom right of my computer which was basically the dj icon with the record, except there was a red "x" in it. i tried uninstalling it from my computer, then restarting my computer, and then reinstall the drivers, and that did nothing. i’ve pretty much tried everything, including every combination for installing then uninstalling and in the end, the only thing i did was restart my computer 26 times. i own a lenovo thinkpad with an intel i7 core, and windows 7. i know that the sound card is a realtek hd set-up, and has been known for being crummier than a stale cookie. i don’t know much about my laptop, but if you have any questions, i’m sure i can find it out about for you. so, any ideas of a solution?

First off, do you have confirmation from your friend that the device was working the last time he used it ?

Second, you don't mention it specifically, but I'm guessing you tried installing the 4-MX using the latest drivers available from the Technical Support site?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=263&cid=1

If so, once completed, please confirm, using the following document, which of the components do not appear correctly installed under Device Manager:

Please also provide your laptop model number (most likely indicated on a sticker underneath) so we can look up the specifications.

Topic starter

I downloaded the software exactly as they instructions told me to from the official website. as far as I can tell the Bulk, ASIO, and the MIDI all failed to install. The "Device status" under each one says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" The laptop model number is 20BH-S1NE00. Not sure if this is helpful but my laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad W540, and my friend's is a Lenovo Thinkpad W530.

By the way, thanks for responding so quickly.

First thing I would suggest (if you friend is willing to help), would be to:

- verify the 4-Mx is still working on his computer;

- if this is the case, open the DJ Control panel and verify the information available in the About tab, more specifically the Firmware version. Normally, using the latest drivers, you should have the following:

If this is correct, then you know you are using the latest version.

If however the Firmware version is older, it will need to be updated. This shoud be done automatically (again given the latest drivers are installed).

Given possibility of using your friend's computer is not available, try using a powered USB hub between the computer and the DJ controller. Since your computer has USB 3.0, this may allow the 4-Mx to be enumarated properly by the computer, install the drivers and update the Firmware (if necessary).

Topic starter

First off Id like to appolozise for the long reply. College is real tough. Second, is I would like to appolozise for my firends computer not working. Apparently the DJ console dosent work on his computer anymore. Last I saw it work, was 7 weeks ago, and he was using Mixxx and the console was connected, but the lights dident work. I thing he downloaded the drivers later on in spring of last year. Sorry for not having as much information as I should.

So then, as suggested, did your tried using a powered USB hub on your computer ?

Topic starter

Yeah. Ive tryed that 4 times, but got nothing.

Nothing meaning that under Device Manager, the components were still detected as before (Error Code 10) or differently ?

Topic starter

Just getting "Code 10" eveytime I install it. By the way, my friend just got the console to work on his computer again so ill try to check the version he has.

Hello,

1) Code 10 errors may be solved in tweaking the computer registry.
Here is a process Microsoft suggests to correct it.

2) I also sugest to fill your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", you can check DJ Console 4-Mx,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check your DJ software,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe
 .  your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, type of USB host (USB 2 or 3)
 .  your software environment : version of Windows (for example Windows 7 64-bit SP1), version of DJ Console series drivers (as 2015_HDJS_6).
Gathering this basic technical information in the profile area lets forum users find technical information without re-checking all your 5 messages.