Clear all

4-mx >> traktor scratch pro 2.6 >> headphones issue

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

ive got a very annoying issue.

i own a hercules dj console 4-mx. i also own a legal copy of tsp2 which in my opinion is way better than virtual dj. next to that, i use the hercules hdp dj m40.1 headphones.before i switched to tsp2, i upgraded vdj, but i missed several options that vdj misses compared to tsp2. i also think vdj is great for starting djs, but im not new in the dj business. thus the reason why i use tsp2 and wish nót to use vdj. that said, lets look closer to my issue. 

before i start off with images of my setup in traktor, here are my computer and soundcard specifications:

my pc in a nutshell
* intel core i5 2400
* 10gb ram
* 500gb+1tb+1tb
* dual monitor setup (l: 22" / r: 19")

soundcard n stuff
* creative usb headset (for gaming etc)
* creative usb soundcard (sb0270)
* logitech z-2300 2.1 speakerset+subwoofer

my dj stuff
* hercules dj console 4-mx
* korg nanokey2
* korg nanokontrol2
* korg nanopad2

so, here goes.

i recently reinstalled my computer because it was time after a year to clean up space and get rid of malfunctioning drivers and so on. before i reinstalled my computer, i was able to preview the next track using my headphones. make sure to read this: i dó use my logitech z-2300 as speakers which are connected to the creative sb0270 usb soundcard. i do nót have external speakers or studio monitors connected to my device. as stated, i háve been able to use my headphones to preview the next track. ive spent hours and hours to find a way to do this, but 99% of the forums/helpsites/tutorials claim its not possible without external speakers, but i [b]knów[/b] its possible using my pc speakers as, once again, i was able to before the reinstall.

now, after installing my pc, the drivers for the 4-mx, traktor pro 2.6, importing (i know how to setup and work with traktor) tsi files for the 4-mx and my korg devices, i seem not to be able to get the headphones to work anymore. spent literally hours to find out how to do it again. before the reinstall, i just did something and voila, out of the blue it seemed to work :s i was amazed, but i didnt remember hów i did it. 

please look at the images below how i set up traktor:

now, can someone please tell me what to do ? i want to continue with my weekly and monthly mixes, which people are expecting πŸ™‚

many thanks for helping me out ..

cheers,
dj ramteam 

Topic starter

Hi Dj Ramteam

Ik zie dat je sceenshots in het nederlands zijn,

Wat gebruik je als main soundcard?

Waar zijn je speakers en koptelefoon op aangesloten.

In je screenshots staat de 4-Mx ASIO als kaart geselecteerd, dit betekent dat speakers en koptelefoon op de 4-Mx zelf moeten worden aangesloten.

Als je de USB geluidskaart wilt gebruiken moeten speakers en koptelefoon op deze worden aangesloten, Traktor heeft geen native 2 kaart support maar je kan een workaround gebruiken:

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/376/How+can+I+configure+TRAKTOR+for+two+soundcards%3F

Greetz

TheCause

Topic starter

Hoi,

Excuses voor zowel het late antwoord als de openingspost.
Ik had de tulpkabels niet goed in mijn geluidskaart zitten.

Mijn geluidskaart, de Creative SB0270, heeft tulp uitgangen, om o.a. DJ apparatuur aan te sluiten.
De tulpstekker zat er wel in, maar om een of andere reden waren ze er niet geheel in geschoven. Voelde me zooooo dom toen ik er achter kwam haha.

Dus voor een ieder die met hetzelfde probleem zit, zorg dat je een geluidskaart met tulp-aansluitingn hebt !!

In ieder geval bedankt TC ! 

Topic starter

Hi,

Toch goed om te horen dat het opgelost zijn, soms zijn de meest simpele dingen het moeilijkst te vinden,

Greetz

TheCause