Notifications
Clear all

absolutely cant get 4mx to work..

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

first off, hello everyone. im chance.
my girlfriend bought me a 4mx for my birthday and ive had the damn thing for two weeks and havent figured out how to use it. i am coming from a numark mixtrack, it was simple: plug and play.
this, however, is a completely different story.

now to the problems:
i installed the drivers directly from the website, and everything goes smoothly, until i am asked to plug in the controller i will be using. when i plug it in, a small window pops up in my toolbar that says "installing device driver software".
now, the .exe driver installer says everything is good to go and all drivers were installed, but when this one is done the one in the toolbar is still installing drivers. it fails. 1 out of the 4 drivers it tries to install actually succeeds, 3 fail.

figuring that i should ignore that, i still open virtualdj le (4mx) and my controller still only lights up the a and b deck lights. every other light is off and it controls nothing.

so, i came across this website based on a help post previously posted that was solved, i went and bought a usb 3.0 hub. (insignia usb 3.0 superspeed, to be exact.) i just plugged it in and let the drivers for the usb hub install, opened vdj and then plugged in the 4mx to the usb hub. for .5 seconds the a and b lights turned on, then nothing. nothing is lit up.

i am absolutely baffled at anything else i can do. any help would be amazing... thanks.