Notifications
Clear all

air control sound issue mono : urgent

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

guys ,

i have a private gig next week and i have a huge issue.
i bought two beringher speakers with xlr and 3/4 inch input.
i bought a 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch jack and when i plug the air control to the speaker, i just have one channel.
i assume it s due to the fact the output of the air control is stereo and i plug it directly to one unqiue channel (i can daisy chain the second speaker via xlr)
i use virtual dj and i cannot find out how to change the output (theoratically stereo) to a mono signal.
please help 🙂

many many many thanks in advance ,

bviman

Topic starter

it s quite interesting how sometimes the fact to write on a board to ask for help clarifies your mind.
Here s the final setup (there s nothing related to the Air control)
Go to setup in VDJ/and select Advanced on the prim tab for output config.
Select mono channel and click immediatly on the local button apply to keep the setup.
Then create two lines :
Master - Mono - Air control speakers
Headphone - Mono - Primary sound card

Apply and save and you can now put the air control directly via a 3/4 inch to one speaker connected to a secon one via XLR.

🙂

Hello,

IMO, it is not a good setting for the audio:
1 - you loose the stereophony of the master output with this Mono setting on the master output, while your DJ Control Air has a stereo output for the master,
2 - you lose the stereophony of the headphones output with this Mono setting on the headphones output, while DJ Control Air has a stereo output for headphones,
3 - you will probably have glitches in the audio with this bad setting, because instead of playing both the master and the preview on the same sound card, as you can do on DJ Control Air, you play the mix and the preview on 2 different sound cards.

To get a decent audio quality, you should use the normal standard audio setting
In VDJ, in Sound Setup panel
- Set Input = None
- Outputs = headphones
- Sound card = ASIO, and select "Hercules DJ Control Air ASIO" device
- Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4

and connect
- your headphones on DJ Control Air headphones 1/4" stereo output on front of DJ Control Air
- your speakers on DJ Control Air Mix 1/8" jack output on rear panel of DJ Control Air via a Y cable with 1/8" stereo jack male on 1 side and 2 XLR plug on the other side as here or here or here.