Notifications
Clear all

asio driver

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey,

i have a dj control steel and my soundcard is a deejay trim 4&6. not any other hardware like cdjs at moment.

my question is, if i have any gain, like quality sound playing/record using the deejay trim asio driver or if you think i should just keep using the wdm driver???

thanks in advance fellas.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Hello mOnkata,

I don't think so but what do you want to do exacltly ?

Do you want to use you Rmx as a controler only + your Audio 8 DJ as an ASIO sound card?

If it is the case and you want to be sure that there is no conflict between the ASIO driver you can set your Rmx in WDM  mode in the control panel. Then in Traktor or Virtual DJ (Pro) select Audio 8 DJ ASIO.

In Virtual DJ LE (delivered with the console) you can must use the Rmx sound card.

In Virtual DJ Pro if you don't want to use your Rmx sound card you should:
Open the config window
Go in the Audio settings Tab
Select "ASIO"  sound card (and not Rmx!) and choose "Audio 8 DJ"      

4 Answers
Topic starter

yes , exactly this combination i goin' to use ..Consola Rmx + Audio 8 DJ interface.
n0w i can be sure that is not make conflict ...for now i hesitate which softwear to use Traktor Pro or Virtual DJ Pro will be better for my Audio 8 DJ..thanks for the quick post bro 🙂

4 Answers
Topic starter

asio drivers are always preferable as they are designed to offer optimal performances with audio applications, as well as making all inputs and outputs available (you wouldnt be able to use external sources like cdjs in wdm).

for a little history of asio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/audio_stream_input/output

Topic starter

thanks a lot for the quick reply.

my doubt, was only to know whether there would be benefits using asio driver, just for the use of the control steel together with the deejay trim, not using any other hardware.

Topic starter

hello ian,

asio brings you 2 benefits:
- reduce the latency in adjusting the asio buffer size compared to wdm, where you cannot change it
- play in virtualdj 2 external sources if you connect 2 sound sources to the audio inputs of your deejay trim 4&6 (in wdm, you can handle only 1 stereo input per sound card - in asio you can handle the 2 stereo inputs separately)

Topic starter

again, thanks for the reply max. cheers.