Notifications
Clear all

broken knob : (

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello im new and im trying to enter the djs world. i recently bought a hercules dj inpulse 200 on amazon warehouse, sold as used but in perfect conditions. in fact it is. i mean, the console works perfect and im pretty happy about it, but there is a problem : filter knob is broken. i thought it was a mapping problem, so i changed the software, then i used another mac and nothing.. so i decided to try a midi tester, and all the buttons and knobs send signals except for the filter (dx) knob. amazon will refund me if i want but i wont find the same price to buy another console because it was the only piece , so i was wondering if someone know how to fix this, thanks in advance. 
erika 

Hello lei92,

Welcome on the forum.

Please confirm you mean 1 of the 2 Filter knob is dead (having 1 defective knob on a second-hand unit is part of second hand experience / having 2 defective Filter knobs would be a strange coincidence).

If 1 filter knob is dead, then the possible 2 solutions:

1) best solution: replace the Filter rotary potentiometer (it requires unsoldering the defective knob and soldering a new one)
If you know how to use a soldering iron, the Filter rotary potentiometer reference is Alps RK09D1130C8N
- it may be ordered from Hercules technical support,
- or you may order pin-to-pin compatible references as
https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alps-Alpine/RK09K113-F15-C1-B502-SAMPLE-F0720328M?qs=m0BA540hBPeMfc32RKCxZg%3D%3D
which is pin to pin compatible and easier to find,
and if you cannot unsolder it by yourself, you may ask an electronic repair store to do it.

2) alternate solution: remap the filter action on another button (I am not a fan of it, but it is possible to reassign another command to control the filter).

Topic starter

thanks a lot, in this case amazon gave me a partial refund and i accepted it , so i can practice( the broken knob is just one of the two filters )  and then i'll buy a new , maybe better console. thanks a lot again 🙂