can i fix my rmx?

Notifications
Clear all

can i fix my rmx?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ok, ive had a hercules rmx for like 3  years now. but now the crossfaders feel like they may be rusted, they dont move smooth anymore. and even when i run my virtual dj software with the rmx on the pc display it shows the crosfader jumping around, mainly going to the left. the only way i can really get it to work is if i phsycaill hold down the crossfader and slide it to where i want it and hold it in place. any suggestions? i dont want to have to buy another one but not sure what to do.

First thing you should try would be to spray some electronic contact cleaner inside your faders to try cleaning them as much as possible. You may need to do it a few times (let it dry and rest in between), moving the faders so the all areas are covered.

This may or may not work, depending on how dirty and damaged they are, but it's worth a try.

Topic starter

Thank you sir! I'll give that a try

Topic starter

Hello everybody did anyone know if hercules air console work's also on a djay Software??
I have a macbook pro 13 inch late 2011 and i can't use Hercules air console with Djay Software.......

Can somebody help?

Thx a lot

@ djGabriel

It would be much more effecient to start your own thread rather than adding to an existing one that has no relation to your question.

That being said, at the moment, the DJ AIR is not natively support by DJay:

http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-mac/accessories/midi

However, you can easily create your own MIDI mapping for it using the MIDI Learn function of DJay (see the user manual for more details)

Topic starter

Hi..   I have a 4MX, and its gets lots of use.  The crossfader started to play up 2 months ago, so I lubed up the slide. And went it back to normal again.  But now there seems to be a part of the slide that is dead.  So looks like I need a new one. Can you tell me where I can buy one please.  Link?