can rmx console jog...

Notifications
Clear all

can rmx console jog wheels emulate vinyl turntables

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

its says so in the hardware spec. however i cant get mine to do so. has anyone else set thiers up so they can move about the tune where they want it (juts like vinyl). thanks

jog wheels

functions
emulate vinyl turntables so that turning the jog wheel moves the cursor backward or forward within music tracks to select the cue point where playback will start for the audience.
add effects to music playback such as instant speed up, instant slow down, and scratching.
settings
adjustable resistance: makes the jog wheels more or less resistant, according to the djs preference.
adjustable accuracy: mix with jog wheels set at their default accuracy, or divide it by 2 or 4.
use with
scratch on/off button: changes the jog wheels function

fine tuning: slow down or speed up playback, like when a dj gives a record a push.

scratching: makes a scratch sound, like when a dj puts his hand on a record during playback (stopping the records rotation) and moves it backward and forward

2 Answers
Topic starter

Yes!

2 Answers

Hello Citizen,

I don't understand what you mean when you say you try to "move about the tune".

In VirtualDJ 5 DJC, once you have loaded a music track on a deck:
a) as long as play is off, turning the jog wheel lets you move inside the music track (and you don't move inside the track in the same way whether the Scratch mode is on or off)
b) once you play the music track
- if the scratch mode is off, the jog wheel acts as a pitch bend: turning the jog wheel clockwise accelerates the playback, turning the jog wheel counter-clockwise slows down the playback (you get the same effect on a vinyl plate when you move the ring of the plate)
- if the scratch mode is on, the jog wheel lets you scratch: turning the jog wheel lets you move inside the music track with a scratch sound, as when you put your had flat on a vinyl disc to scratch.

2 Answers
Topic starter

yes!

Topic starter

hello citizen,

i dont understand what you mean when you say you try to "move about the tune".

in virtualdj 5 djc, once you have loaded a music track on a deck:
a) as long as play is off, turning the jog wheel lets you move inside the music track (and you dont move inside the track in the same way whether the scratch mode is on or off)
b) once you play the music track
- if the scratch mode is off, the jog wheel acts as a pitch bend: turning the jog wheel clockwise accelerates the playback, turning the jog wheel counter-clockwise slows down the playback (you get the same effect on a vinyl plate when you move the ring of the plate)
- if the scratch mode is on, the jog wheel lets you scratch: turning the jog wheel lets you move inside the music track with a scratch sound, as when you put your had flat on a vinyl disc to scratch.