Notifications
Clear all

(closed) vdj optimal mapping.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys,

i am a new owner of a hercules dj rmx and have been using it for just over a month. i am happy with using virtual dj as traktor doesnt appear to be worth the trouble. i would like to know if someone has made a mapping for vdj that utilizes all of the features the program has to offer. i feel that the out of the box mapping is too basic. cheers. 

Hello Jokerr,

If you have only VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition, the version in the box, you cannot change the MIDI map.
If you have VirtualDJ Pro, you can change the MIDI map, and there are several maps which can be downloaded by VDJ Pro licencees here :
Maximum Control
Hercules Mapper Pack
Rmx 4-deck mapper for VDJ 7

Topic starter

Thanks for your advice, it's very helpful as I happen to have virtual dj 7 pro. However I do not hold a license for it, is there any possible way I could get these maps without usin the official site? Thanks again.

Message from the administrator: if you have a VirtualDJ 7 Pro version without license:
- either it is a trial version, and you must accept the limits of a trail version
- or it is a hacked version, and DJ Mix Room don't promote hacking.

You should upgrade your license of VirtualDJ 5 DJC Rmx into a VirtualDJ 7 Pro for a reduced license fee here, in the upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro Full area.

If you don't want to pay for a license, you can also use a freeware as Mixxx.