complete list of mi...

Notifications
Clear all

complete list of midi commands. djuced

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

does anyone know if there is a complete list of all midi commands for djuced 6.0? right now, im looking for the command for the dry/wet controller for the fx section, but it would be nice to have a complete list.

Hello Emser,

The process of updating manually xml files is only a transition process, it should not last.
A software upgrade is planned to build MIDI mapping in Djuced, so when this software upgrade is released, it will have its manual or online help.

Topic starter
Aha, good to know. Specialized mapping software will make things much easier.
What I was looking for right now, I found in the mapping file for P32. If anyone's interested, on my Inpulse 500, I've used the available button in the FX section to toggle macro FX on/off, and I've used the high and low knobs for the microphone input to control wet/dry and macro FX for each channel in the same way as on the P32.

If I could add something to a wishlist, it would be to have a state change button for the microphone and aux knobs in the same way it's done for the bass/filter on the Starlight. On the Inpulse 500, this would free up five knobs for other functions.

Topic starter

Emser how did you do that? I also have an Inpulse 500. I'm patiently waiting for midi mapping, so I can hopefully use my launchpad mini mk3. I can have both controllers running perfectly in virtual dj but I want to use djuced as my main dj software.

Hello Emser,

A point to take into consideration with DJC Inpulse 500 Aux and Mix rotary controls is that they are not software controls, they control an hardware EQ, Volume, Filter on a built-in DSP.

Topic starter

I am aware that the controls are hardware controllers. That was the rationale behind my request for a state-change button. I will never use either the microphone or aux input, and it would be nice to be able to use these controls for something else. However, the controls also send a MIDI signal, which allows them to be used for other purposes even now.

Digical, my method is to search within the mapping files for functions I want to use and then input them into a custom mapping file that I import into DJUCED. To identify which MIDI signals each control sends, I use a program called MidiView.

Being able to edit the files is incredibly powerful(and fun!), and I hope that future mapping software won't limit the possibilities that exist now.

Hello Emser,

Indeed, if you play no signal on Aux and Mic In, you can use their rotary controls for other commands.
Just do not plan using Aux and Mic vumeter (Green/Orange LEDs in the ring at the basis of Aux and Mic volume) since, even if they can be lit by MIDI command, they also receive commands from the build in audio DSP controlling audio inputs so the messages describing input signals on aux and mic in supersede the LED status and the MIDI commands you may send to this LED.

To monitor MIDI commands, I use MIDI Monitor and MIDI Loupe, I did not know MidiView, theanks for mentionning, I will look at it.

I do not know Djuced  future mapping software, but in software, the better the guidance, the lower the flexibility. For exemple, I use djay Pro in macOS and I edit MIDI mapping in its MIDI learning section, but this MIDI section is less flexible than editing the xml mapping file so, after editing a MIDI map in djay Pro AI MIDI learning section, I usean xml editor to customize the mapping file.