Notifications
Clear all

configuration for traktor dj studio 3

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone,

i recently purchased the rmx dj console.  i am trying to connect the console to my traktor dj studio 3 [mac-fulle updated] to no avail.  i was properly configure the channels etc. [i am totally inept with configuration instructions].  is there anyone in the forum who whould be kind enough to provide me with detail step by step instructions for connecting/configuring my dj console to traktor [for mac]?

im in desperate need of help!

thanks in advance!

8 Answers

Hello PaulOnion,

The simplest way to control Traktor DJ Studio 3 with DJ Console Rmx is to load the TKS preset file designed by Hercules for DJ Console Rmx on Traktor 3.

8 Answers
Topic starter
Hello,

I have unfortunately also a problem with the tractor preset.
It begins, that the deck does not start when I press the play button.
If i configure the midi settinges, the deck plays -  but the button lamp is off.

the same procedure with the beat lock button ?

Advice?
8 Answers

Hi Artik OS,

1) Are you on a Mac or on a PC?

2) Which version of Traktor do you use (what is the complete version reference, as for example Traktor 3.3.3 DJ Studio?

3) If you are in Windows, check you set the DJ Console Rmx in ASIO before starting Traktor.

8 Answers
Topic starter

hi Made In Breizh,

i´ve found the problem ; )

it was an old midi plug in that i need for the BCD 2000. after uninstall this one, everything works.

thanks ; ))

8 Answers
Topic starter

A new .tks midi setup for new Traktor 3.4 will be available soon, Digital Jockey Staff will never stop Fico

8 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Guys,

once again....

I want to use my hercules RMX to control all 4 decks in traktor 3.4.1. on a windows xp laptop.
Is there a possibility to switch easily between deck A/B and C/D?
I know that I can switch to another MIDI-Page pushing a specially assigned button (e.g. scratch button as recommended in the Hercules TKS file), but I think it is quite uncomfortable to hold the button all the time.

Thanks for your help!

8 Answers
Topic starter

Hey there,

which buttons & knobs do you guys use for the fx ?

as i don't really use the pitch benders and the balance knob i assigned fx to both the pitch benders and the balance knob,
fx on/off to mic on/off, and fx amt to vol. main.

for me that was the only reasonable thing to do and it works fine...

how did you guys resolve that problem ?

greetings from edinburgh,

novo

EDIT: fx amt to the balance knob and freq to vol. main.

8 Answers

arktik.OS

In Traktor 3.4.1,  the possibility was added to have the "Shift" button for MIDI pages as a toggle, so you don't have to hold it anymore.

In the options, simply change the Controller type from Hold to Toggle.

Give that, you could program your TKS so that when normal mode, you control Deck A/B, and when in "shift" mode, control Deck C/D. Obviously, the more possibilities you add, the more confusing it can becomes.... 

8 Answers
Topic starter

hello paulonion,

the simplest way to control traktor dj studio 3 with dj console rmx is to load the tks preset file designed by hercules for dj console rmx on traktor 3.

Topic starter
hello,

i have unfortunately also a problem with the tractor preset.
it begins, that the deck does not start when i press the play button.
if i configure the midi settinges, the deck plays -  but the button lamp is off.

the same procedure with the beat lock button ?

advice?
Topic starter

hi artik os,

1) are you on a mac or on a pc?

2) which version of traktor do you use (what is the complete version reference, as for example traktor 3.3.3 dj studio?

3) if you are in windows, check you set the dj console rmx in asio before starting traktor.

Topic starter

hi made in breizh,

i´ve found the problem ; )

it was an old midi plug in that i need for the bcd 2000. after uninstall this one, everything works.

thanks ; ))

Topic starter

a new .tks midi setup for new traktor 3.4 will be available soon, digital jockey staff will never stop fico

Topic starter

hi guys,

once again....

i want to use my hercules rmx to control all 4 decks in traktor 3.4.1. on a windows xp laptop.
is there a possibility to switch easily between deck a/b and c/d?
i know that i can switch to another midi-page pushing a specially assigned button (e.g. scratch button as recommended in the hercules tks file), but i think it is quite uncomfortable to hold the button all the time.

thanks for your help!

Page 1 / 2