Notifications
Clear all

connect djconsole rmx2 with spotify on tablet / smartphone

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

id like to connect my hercules rmx2 djconsole to my spotifyy account on my tablet or smartphone (have both androind and ios but prefer android).

can somebody tell me how to do that?

thanks, eboute 

Hello,

I can propose 2 ways to play music from Spotify in DJConsole Rmx2:

a) Either you play Spotify on your tablet: you connect the tablet headphones output to Rmx2 Line 1 or line 2, you use your Rmx2 with your PC or Mac DJ software, and when you want to get Spotify music, you activate the source 1 or source 2 button on Rmx2 to replace the track loaded on your computer by the streaming playing on Spotify.
=> It is simple as you use your current software (on the computer and on the tablet), but DJConsole Rmx2 cannot control Spotify track/start/playback speed, so Rmx2 mixes the Spotify signal (volume, crossfading, and bass-medium-treble) and you control the Spotify on your tablet only

b) Or you have a Mac, then you can use DJay Pro Mac from Algoriddim instead of your existing DJ software. DJay Pro is a good software for Mac OS which supports natively DJConsole Rmx2 and integrates directly Spotify.

PS : You should complete your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check your Dj controller, DJConsole Rmx2,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check your DJ software,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

Topic starter

As I know, Spotify music is encoded, so you can not play music from Spotify in DJConsole Rmx2 directly. I have used the Spotify Downloader for windows 10 from AudFree to get the music downloads. This works after you download and upload the Spotify songs to your DJ software. The output tracks from Spotify are kept losslessly with ID3 tags. You can also play them on other DJ software or players. Hope it can help you.