Notifications
Clear all

connecting hercules rmx mk1 to kam amplifier

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,

i recently bought the hercules rmx mk1, and have studied the manual as well as online videos, etc. in depth, but am at a bit of a loss as to how to connect it to an amplifier to get stereo sound.

on previous posts on this subject, it mentions using a 1/4" jack from output 1/2 to connect to one channel on the amp, but then states that this will only provide mono sound. so does this mean that if you connect output 1/2 to the left channel and 3/4 to the right channel you will get stereo sound through the amp?

i have two mixers - both citronic usb mixers - and can connect either via l&r rca or xlr to channel a & b xlrs on the amp. does this in principle work the same for the rmx?

sorry if this is repetition, or a bit vague. i dont want to melt circuitry before ive even started

cheers smile 

In regard to the Rmx, the outputs works on the same principle whether you are using RCA or 1/4".

Each connector sends out a mono signal (for Left and right channel respectively), and both needs to be connected to your amp.

If you are using the Rmx with your software set to internal mixing mode (where the main mix is sent to Output 1-2 and you are using the headphone output for monitoring), then you only need to connect Output 1-2 to your amp (Output 3-4 receiving the same signal as the headphone output).

If however your software is set to External mixing mode (where Deck A is sent to Output 1-2 and Deck B is sent to Output 3-4), then as it would be the case for a standard DJ mixer, both Output 1-2 and 3-4 you need to be connected  to your amp.