console fader syncing

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

fruitydj / mark
hercules rmx
vdj5 le

hey everyone! still checkin the site and trying out some tips from the forums.  good hints so far.. still very very much a beginner though. ive ran into this problem. sorry if its a bit long winded.

when i switch rmx on (with vdj5) i t seems that the faders on the console are out of sync with the faders on vdj. i mean the console faders (and all knob/ faders etc)  might be down on rmx and the vdj might be at high. i dont realise till i touch any of the consoles faders. this can confuse me.

is this the way its always gonna/ meant to  be?

2 Answers

Hello FruityDJ,

Yes, when you run VirtualDJ 5 DJC, the software is designed so that its faders and rotaty buttons are set on the middle position when you start the software instead of taking immediately the actual position of each button of the controller, it is only at the moment you move a control its position is actuailised in the software.

This setting is actually very safe for public performance since, with this setting:
- you get a sound immediately when you start VirtualDJ,
- the sound level you get is acceptable, it is neither too loud nor too low,
- you avoid the situation of a bad sound (too loud, too low, or with a saturation, or with no treble...) played in public when you start VirtualDJ since finding in 1 second the right setting where you have a bad sound is not so easy when you have the pressure of this bad sound being played to the public.

In VirtualDJ Pro, there are work-arounds to duplicate on start of VirtualDJ the settings of the DJ controller, but I don't think it is a safe solution, I find having the time to do the settings is safer.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Makes Perfect sense maxdjack. Thankyou again 🙂

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello fruitydj,

yes, when you run virtualdj 5 djc, the software is designed so that its faders and rotaty buttons are set on the middle position when you start the software instead of taking immediately the actual position of each button of the controller, it is only at the moment you move a control its position is actuailised in the software.

this setting is actually very safe for public performance since, with this setting:
- you get a sound immediately when you start virtualdj,
- the sound level you get is acceptable, it is neither too loud nor too low,
- you avoid the situation of a bad sound (too loud, too low, or with a saturation, or with no treble...) played in public when you start virtualdj since finding in 1 second the right setting where you have a bad sound is not so easy when you have the pressure of this bad sound being played to the public.

in virtualdj pro, there are work-arounds to duplicate on start of virtualdj the settings of the dj controller, but i dont think it is a safe solution, i find having the time to do the settings is safer.

Topic starter

makes perfect sense maxdjack. thankyou again 🙂