dj 4-mx firmware pr...

Notifications
Clear all

dj 4-mx firmware prob solved and back again twice

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi....sorry the long text but i think it can be useful.....

-dj console 4mx

-toshiba portege z830 10v

-instaled the prog and the drivers with the cd, no prob, used it the 1st time for about 1 hour. days later, used it for about 2 or 3 hours, laptop bloqued, after start it again, run the virtual dj. an error message like "error in the asio sound driver. your soundcard is probably not conected or the settings are incorrect"

i tried to reeinstall the 4mx but error intalling all drivers.the mic button turns on and off and no response or installation.i then tried on another 3 laptops and 2 macbook...no response.

i tried the firmware update conecting the usb cable with the mic button pressed. it started, reache 100% in about 3 seconds, too fast (i think), jumped from 68% to 100 %, but when it says to unplug and plug the usb cable, no response. tried 5 or 6 times, always no response after unplug. the day after pluged in the 4mx and it worked again. used it for 3 hours ,the same message popped up, and the same all over again. i tried the steps thats on ts hercules pdf for the console rmx, to update manually with the file for the 4mx instead of the rmx...nothing.

tried with the mic button pressed and the automatic update, left the notebook for an hour and when i was back it was working again. tried it for an hour ...all good, tried yesterday ....no prob....used it with a mcbook pro nothing wrong...today tried on my notebook again, same problem..the same message... and doesnt recognise the 4 mx....error installing the drivers....what is causing this? hardware prob? software conflict?

what seems to me is that the firmware is not present on the 4mx hardware, so it cant be recognized....
is it possible that some conflict could cause the firmware to be removed? (image attached)
or can it be an hardware problem?

note: edited by moderator for legibility

There are quite a few possible reasons to your problems:

- The 4-Mx behaviour is affected by external sources (static, power surge, etc)

- An internal hardware defect makes the firmware a bit "fragile"

So just to make things clear, this problem always appeared while you were connected to the same computer and in the same environment, correct ?

Can you think of any other events (static shocks, power spike) that may have occured at the same time ?

Do you have the possibility to use a powered USB hub between the console and the computer ?

Did you ever had any problems with this computer's power supply ?