dj air not working ...

Notifications
Clear all

dj air not working even after trying all suggestions found in this forum..

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

so ive had my dj control air for about 8 months and everythings been fine... until about 3 weeks ago.

heres what went down:

before the air went dead, i reformatted my pc to windows 7 64 bit (could be the problem?) and i proceeded with downloading the updated drivers from the hercules website for the air and followed all installation instructions down to the line. this didnt work the first time, so i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still did not work.

i then tried changing usb ports and went through the same process again, still no luck.

i noticed by this point that whenever the installation process prompts me to plug in the device, the airs buttons and lights do not light up. and if i remember correctly, they should light up just by plugging it into a usb port..

after exhausting all usb ports on my cpu, i tried installing the air using a mac first. again went through mac installation procedures down the line but still failed.

i then tried installing the air with a windows laptop this time, and still no go.

ive also combed through a great number of topics on this great forum regarding troubleshooting and what not, and still i havent found the solution.

now assuming (with all the forces in the world hoping that this isnt the problem) i do have a dead unit, will i be able to still ask for a replacement unit even when im in southeast asia? ..i know its a longshot but i really enjoy using this controller...

i hope someone can help, any info needed im willing to provide still.

thanks.

Topic starter

Hi lilboyblue,

From what you are describing it sounds like a dead unit, you can however still try the following:

Firstly install the latest driver:

http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2013_HDJS_2.exe

Unplug the controller, hold down the folder and files button, now plug the controller back in while still holding the buttons.

after a little while there should pop up a firmware update screen, follow the onscreen instructions.

This procedure, if fails on your pc can also be tried on a second computer/mac.

If this does not work then you could consider exchanging your controller.

Greetz

TheCause