dj air usb connecti...

Notifications
Clear all

dj air usb connection problem

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have the dj control air and it was working fine till a few days ago.  now when i plug it into the computer, no lights appear on the dj air.  the computer keeps beeping every second (same sound when you plug a device into a usb port).

in device manager the dj air is not shown. under universal serial bus controllers, the usb composite device has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it.

the hercules dj series control panel shows a red x mark and when you right click it the open and select device are greyed out.

heres what i tried so far: 

- un-installed the hercules dj series drivers.
- downloaded the latest drivers (2012_hdjs_6.exe) and ran the installation. 
- after it asked me to plug in the dj air which i did.  it said the firmware needed updating and it carried this out and reported a 100% success with a green tick mark.  but straight away the beeping started again like the usb was being plugged in / out constantly. 
- i have tried doing this same procedeure 4 times on all 4 usb ports on my computer with the same results except it never asked to do the firmware upgrade again.

With everything you've tried and from the sound of it, it seems like you have a defective unit on your hands.

Check with your retailler or Technical Support to get it replaced.