Notifications
Clear all

dj console 4-mx ultimate fx mapping by midosa

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi !
for all the 4-mx owners, i have finished creating the ultimate fx mapping that will take your 4-mx to the next level of personalization, on traktor pro 2.5
this mapping allows jogs fx for 6 presets , sample decks, loop recorder, deck layout management, and a lot of others features. check out the video on youtube. the link for the mapping and the manual are in the comment. 

dj console 4 mx ultimate fx by midosa

thanks. 

Topic starter

Your mapping is awesome, but since I had to change computers from Windows 7 to Windows 8 I have been having a problem.  For some reason, when I load Traktor Pro with your mapping installed, the controller defaults to decks C and D, and then the Play/Pause button on deck A starts and stops Deck A AND Deck B, while the Play/Pause button on Deck B works properly.  I would appreciate some help figuring out why this is happening.

Hello deusdiabolus,

Midosa's mapping is indeed awesome.
I am not sure he will see your message as it comes long after his posting the message so I suggest you post your question on Midosa's Youtube page here, where he answers regularly.

Topic starter

Thanks, Maxdjack.  I went to his YouTube page, and lo and behold, he says right upfront that the mapping ONLY WORKS WITH TRAKTOR 2.5.  Apparently, due to changes Traktor made to the mapping structure between 2.5 and 2.6, Midosa's awesome mapping is now broken.  The default Hercules mapping doesn't work, either.  With that being said...

...does anyone else who owns a Hercules 4-Mx have a similar problem getting it to work with Traktor 2.6x under Windows 8 (64-bit) ?

Topic starter

Hi deusdiabolus,

Maxdjack said right, i'm more available on youtube or Fb, since i can receive notifications 🙂
Indeed, you guessed right concerning the changes that NI made to Traktor. I didn't test it on 2.6 but i know that NI restructred their commands in the controller manger, so things don't match anymore, and it will be easier to build a new mapping from scratch than trying to make this one work. May be u can stick with 2.5 for the moment.

Note
I want to say too, [in bold so everybody knows], that there's a plan, thanks to Hercules, to build a new mapping :), and i'm inviting everyone concerned, to let me know their experience with the current mapping, what can i improve, what was confusing you, what you liked the most, what to leave and what to exclude etc...

Stay tuned, i'll give you a feedback about this note, and don't hesitate to leave me a message on FB or YT if you have any question.

Thanks everybody.

Midosa