dj console mk2 comp...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console mk2 compatibility

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello.does anyone know if i can use my old dj console mk2 to an ipad mini?if yes how can i connect them?
thank you in advance

Hello,

DJConsole Mk2 can be used on iPad
- only as sound board on iPad,
- not as a control surface.

To connect it to the iPad:
DJ Console Mk2 USB port ---> Powered USB hub -----> USB cable ---> Camera Kit ---> iPad

Topic starter

first of all thank very much for your quick answer!
now i have a few more questions...
1.when you say not as a control surface you mean only display?just the way i used before my laptop?

2.any good application compatible with hercules dj console mk2 throught ipad?i used to play with virtual dj but i don't know if this programm is compatible with ipad(i found an application called virtual dj remote but i am not sure if this is the rigth for my situatiuon)

thank you very much again!

Hello,

1) DJConsole Mk2 faders, jog wheels, rotary buttons, transport keys cannot send any command to the iPad = DJConsole Mk2 cannot control any App on the iPad Mini.
DJConsole Mk2 is not a native MIDI controller (it uses a driver to send MIDI commands to Mac OS or Windows), so the iPad cannot detect commands sent by DJConsole Mk2.

2) So there is no App "compatible" with DJConsole Mk2, what you can do when connecting DJConsole Mk2 on iPad Mini is just play iPad audio on DJConsole Mk2 audio outputs.

Topic starter

such as a sound card(for example)???

thank you again

Hello,

Once the DJConsole Mk2 is connected to the iPad via a powered USB hub, in iOS 7, if your iPad Apps lets you choose the audio outputs (Apps as Traktor DJ, Algoriddim DJay, MixVibes Cross DJ, Djuced App, DJ Player), you can choose to play
- the Mix on DJConsole Mk2 master out
- the preview on another output as the Mk2 headphones out.

Topic starter

i am a little confused and if it's ok with you i would like to write more questions...

when i used my DJConsole Mk2 with my laptop i had three connections.
1.from usb type b on console to usb on laptop
2.output rca 1 on console to my mixer channel 1(numark)
3.output rca 2 on console to my mixer channel 2(numark)
and i hear the preview from the mixer and the master output of mixer goes to amplifier and finaly to speakers

if i choose the Traktor application (for example) and do the connection from ipad mini to DJConsole Mk2 like you clearly write in previous reply will be possible:
- to send the music to a mixer in separate channels via djconsole mk2(output1 & output2)?
- to manage the Traktor application from the iPad's screen(because the DJConsole Mk2 cannot send any command to the iPad mini)?

Hello djnet,

I suppose DJConsole Mk2 (which I no longer have) behaves as DJConsole Rmx1.
I have tested Traktor DJ App for iPad (9"7 size, not mini) and connected my DJ Console Rmx1 via a camera kit and a powered USB hub:
- I can assign Rmx output channel 1-2 to the mix and Rmx output channel 3-4 to the preview in Traktor DJ,
- I control Traktor DJ on the iPad screen (not on DJConsole Rmx controls, its controls are not detected in Pad, and Traktor DJ is not open to MIDI).

Traktor DJ is not the easiest DJ App to control via the iPad screen (Native Instruments sells Traktor Kontrol Z1 mixer to control this app on iPad), among the other DJ apps mentionned, DJay app, Cross DJ app, Djuced App, are easier to control on the iPad screen (I don' know DJ Player).

Topic starter

ok guys!thank you very much