dj console mk2 firm...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console mk2 firmware controller

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hy, recently i bought a 2nd hand console mk2, and cant update the controller firmware... ive done all the procedures possible (1 2 3 deck a reset and the talk over as well with the same outcome). the pc is running windows 7 ultimate and it detects the controller without any error or issue, just cant update the firmware controller. when i plug the controller only the play and cue lights in both decks turn on.can someone please help?thanks alot in advance 🙂 

Hello,

It seems the firmware in the integrated eeprom is no longer readable.

It would be good if you could contact an electronic repair store to find if
1) they have an eeprom programmer
2) they accept to burn an eeprom for you.

If you get 1 & 2, then please let me know: next step would be that
3) you (or the electronic repair store) get the eeprom on the DJ Console Mk2,
4) I email you the firmware,
5) you (or the electronic repair store) flash the firmware in the eeprom
6) and you replace the firmware in the controller.

Topic starter

Hi there, first thanks for the reply i really apreciate 🙂 just have one question do i have to buy another eeprom or the one in the console will do?thx alot 

Topic starter

Hi again, can you send me the firmware? I have found a electronic repair store that will help me 😀 

Hello,

I have sent you an invitation here, please
1) accept if so that we can exchange messages on the forum mail system,
2) send me (on this forum private mail system) an email address where I can send you the file.

Hello Osmarox,

I have sent it.

Topic starter

Thank you very much Maxdjack!!!! Just one more thing after the reprograming of the eeprom i just have to install the drivers and everything should be ok right?thx 😀 

Hello,

Yes, that should be OK.

Topic starter

If all my lights are illuminated and the kernal is giving the "The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device" error. Is this also associated? I had updated to the OS X Yosemite, during the install the firmware scan produced an error. It was working fine until I did the 5.18 update. 

Hello Otizzile,

I don't know this error message.
Do you get this error on a DJConsole Rmx2 or on a DJConsole Mk2?

Topic starter

I have the DJConsole Mk2, I think I do need the eeprom firmware for the chip. All the checkpoints C14, C15, C130, C8, C129,C35, C19, C61, and C2 on the DJ-CONSULE (Main) board all have current. Nothing on the boards look burnt, all the caps have no sign of being bursted, and all soldering looks good. Which leads me to believe something went wrong with the eeprom. None of the issues I had happened until I did the 5.18 update.