Notifications
Clear all

dj console mk2 not connecting properly

28 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys,
basically ive had my mk2 (using virtual dj software) for about a year now and its been awesome. however, a few weeks ago i tried installing it onto another laptop. since then it has stopped working on both the old and new laptops and my home computer. when connected to the computer the lights on the play and cue buttons are the only ones lit up and they remain that way until the console is disconnected. i am still able to bring up virtual dj and play music through speakers connected to the mixer outputs and through the headphones. however, movement of the buttons, dials or faders on the console now have no effect on the programme on the screen or the music playing out of the speakers/headphones. ive tried doing the manual firmware update, and have got in touch with hercules who said to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, but this has had no effect :(. all the drivers seem to have installed properly, however, i get a firmware updater message saying "please disconnect and then reconnect the usb cable on the back on the hercules dj device". this message remains on screen despite me following its request.

any help would be much appreciated, i need to get back in the mix!

cheers,
pete   

14 Answers

Have you tried this procedure:

14 Answers
Topic starter

Cheers for replying
ye, tried it but doesn't seem to make a difference

14 Answers

Does the manual updater sees the console in Boot mode, or is it not detected at all ?

Anything in Device Manager?

14 Answers
Topic starter

erm "boot mode"?? sorry i'm a bit of a spaz with technical stuff
basically nothing was recongnised intially, but i then went through the hardware installation prompted by windows and everything in the manual updater read as it should according to the pdf
after updating it, it now reads: firware controllers: current- 0(boot); firmware audio current - 15, available - 15(full)
open ctrl is not greyed out

everything seems intalled properly in the device manager

thanks again

14 Answers

Ok, then, at least it's going somewhere.

Now that you have the console in this state, click on OPEN CTRL..., select the file MK2_PSOC2.djc, and proceed as you did to update the audio (check the box, etc).  

14 Answers
Topic starter

it updated to 100% but says "error updating controller part 0x0000010B (fail during update process of psoc)"

14 Answers

And this is with the latest drivers installed, correct ?

If so, leave the manual updater open and unplug the console.

Press buttons 1-2-3 on Deck A (left side) simultaniously and connect the console. Keep the buttons pressed until the information appears in the updater (this is very important!!) . 

The Firmware controller should again display 0(Boot). Try the upgrade procedure again. This time, keep an eye on  the progress bar to see if it goes foward evenly, or if it "jumps" to 100% from a specific point  

14 Answers
Topic starter

woop!
i think we're getting somewhere
now the cue and play lights are blinking rather than staying permantently on
with virtual dj on those two buttons are also working!!!
the 1,2,3 buttons (with fx, cue, and loop) are also working although the corresponding lights are not
pitch bend, beat match, and fwd/reverse buttons are also working
however, the console is still teasing me as none of the dials and faders are working
thanks for the continued help

14 Answers
Topic starter

o and the jog wheels aren't playing either

14 Answers

Ah! good to know.

Simply do the 1-2-3 procedure again, but this time load the MK2-PSOC1.djc file. This should enable the knobs and fader to work.

14 Answers
Topic starter

dj phatso you are an absolute hero
i actually love you
... from that i guess you can work out that its all working now
i hope hercules are paying you for this
if you're ever in manchester, england, several pints are on me
cheers mate
Pete

14 Answers

You are welcome.

A pint would be great right now! πŸ™‚

14 Answers
Topic starter

Have you tried this?... http://niallok.com/2009/08/08/fixing-a-hercules-dj-console-mk2-problem/

14 Answers

An problem with the intrnal connection COULD have been a cause, but that was not the case here. 

14 Answers
Page 1 / 2