dj console mp3 joys...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console mp3 joystick as x/y midi control in ableton?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys,

im currently finding my feet with ableton, and im using my dj console mp3 as a midi input, and so far so good.

just one thing, the joystick only seems to be working as a mouse - is there any way to map it to control (for example) the xy position on the autofilter or other control that uses xy input?  ive tried using the midilearn function, but i cant seem to get it to do what i want.

im on osx (snow leopard), using the latest version of ableton live intro.

any help much appreciated!

cheers,
arktic. 

1 Answer

The ministick will only act as a mouse if this function is enabled in the DJ MP3 control panel (which you should find on the desktop or in Applications > Hercules > DJSeries > DJ Control MP3 > Control Panel). Normally, this is Off by default.

Once this is done, you will be able to use it to just like the rest of the controls. Just remeber that the ministick always returns to center when let go.

1 Answer
Topic starter

the ministick will only act as a mouse if this function is enabled in the dj mp3 control panel (which you should find on the desktop or in applications > hercules > djseries > dj control mp3 > control panel). normally, this is off by default.

once this is done, you will be able to use it to just like the rest of the controls. just remeber that the ministick always returns to center when let go.