dj console rmx + mi...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console rmx + mixer + 2x aa flex 100 cdj

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, is it possible to use dj console rmx as soundcard for behinger djx700 and 2 x aa flex 100 in virtual dj? if it is not possible, how can i connect dj console rmx and cdjs?

edit:  

is this the proper setup for using hercules dj control rmx as soundcard?

Hello,

Yes, if you have VirtualDJ Pro, you can use the Rmx as sound card in the configuration you mention
- burn 2 time-code CDs in using VirtualDJ Pro grade version time-code
- connect 2 Flex-100 (American Audio) to Rmx input 1-2 and 3-4 set on line level,
- and put time code CDs in Flex-100 CD players,
- connect Rmx output 1-2 and 3-4 to the input channels you want on Behringer DJX700,
- connect your speakers,  headphones and microphone to Behringer DJX 700 speaker, headphone and microphone plug
- boot your computer,
- run VirtualDJ Pro
- set your audio for time code

- play time-code CDs on Flex-100 CD players,
- calibrate your time-code signal in VirtualDJ Pro,
- and mix.

Topic starter

Ok, thank you! It is good that Hercules provides this option too, becouse i was going to buy Mixvibes Crosspack for my CDJ's and mixer and my Dj Console Rmx would only be in my corners gathering dust, but now i can save money and use my Dj Control RMX as soundcard too!

PS. One more question, is it possible to use Dj Control Rmx as controller same time so i could you 4 decks? 

EDIT: And is it possible to use this in Traktor? 

Hello,

1) Yes, you can use DJConsole Rmx as controller at the same time as the 2 CD players for a 4-deck control in VirtualDJ.
- Run VirtualDJ Pro,
- Load a 4-deck skin,
- Go in Config > Mapper menu,
- Select the controller in the devices list,
- Go in deck assignement, and choose the decks you control on Rmx2

Using time code in Traktor requires:
- Traktor Scratch Pro 2 (Timecode is not part of Traktor Pro)
- And another audio interface : Time code in Traktor Scratch is possible only with
  - either Native Instrument DJ audio interfaces: Audio 4, Audio 6, Audio 8 or Audio 10
  - or Traktor Scratch certified mixer (a few very expensive mixers with built-in audio you can see here).