Notifications
Clear all

dj control jogvision - not lighting up plugged in et clicking sound

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi!

recently got a dj control jogvision last week. when i would plug it in via usb to a computer, the lights on the turntables would come on (any computer). i installed the device drivers & serato intro last week and it worked fine & everything completely functional.

today, i go to play with it - nothing has changed about the set up & it all remained plugged in (no cables or software set-up changed) and the hercules dj control jogvision is producing a clicking sound through the master out and the headphones. in addition, its not being recognized by the computer as plugged in (windows 7) & not showing up as a device in serato. when i plugged it in the first time i had to play with it last week, it did this nice display of all the colors & lights when it was plugged into a computer with the device drivers installed. when it was plugged into a computer without the device drivers installed, two lights would go on next to both of the jogwheels. now, no lights are going on and its producing a clicking sound. this is literally the second time ive tried playing with it.

i tried re-installing the device driver software to no avail.

sorry for the paranoia, but is there a piece of software in the firmware it thats designed to brick it after a certain number of hours left on? (planned obsolecence) i would have left it on for over 150 hours. alternative hypothesis: something altered the firmware and its bricked? other hypothesis: its been over 30 degrees celcius last 2 days (but inside the house cooler).