Notifications
Clear all

dj control mp3 and resolume

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi.

im trying to use the dj control mp3 under resolume, but i cant.
when i try to set the values for the software, nothing happens. i move and press the dj mp3 controls but it configures nothing.

ive tried to use it through midi-ox and the program get in touch with my hercules but, yes, nothing happens. ive tried other dj software (under virtual dj works perfect) with diferent ressults.

any idea?

4 Answers

Hi,

It looks like Resolume makes a distinction between MIDI notes and MIDI commands.

In "Preference>MIDI Mapping", go to the last column (Controllers),  select a function you want to assign, then click the small box at the bottom of the column (should turn pink). Pressing a button on the console , it should then be registered by the Resolume. 

4 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, Phatso, and thanks for anwering ^^

Well, I did what you told me, but nothing happens anyway.

I get resolume like this:

I move faders, wheels, press buttons, etc.. but nothing...

PS- I've called Support Center (I'm from Spain but I was attended in english) and the assistand told me "Never heard about that software" o.O

4 Answers

I read you first post again and I figured it out.

You probably connected your Control MP3 to another USB port and the MIDI driver didn't enumerated it self correctly. You could update the device manually, but it will be simpler to just reinstall the driver, and make sure to always connect your console to the same USB port .

4 Answers
Topic starter

Actually I didnt change de USB port since first install.

It's extrange. Anyway I will have to format de HDD in a few days or three.
I'll bring news.

Thankyou very much for your help and hope this forum to grow fast!

Edit:
I GOT IT!!!

The problem was the HID drivers. Now they are correctly installed.
Thanks for the help ^^

4 Answers
Topic starter

hi,

it looks like resolume makes a distinction between midi notes and midi commands.

in "preference>midi mapping", go to the last column (controllers),  select a function you want to assign, then click the small box at the bottom of the column (should turn pink). pressing a button on the console , it should then be registered by the resolume. 

Topic starter

hi, phatso, and thanks for anwering ^^

well, i did what you told me, but nothing happens anyway.

i get resolume like this:

i move faders, wheels, press buttons, etc.. but nothing...

ps- ive called support center (im from spain but i was attended in english) and the assistand told me "never heard about that software" o.o

Topic starter

i read you first post again and i figured it out.

you probably connected your control mp3 to another usb port and the midi driver didnt enumerated it self correctly. you could update the device manually, but it will be simpler to just reinstall the driver, and make sure to always connect your console to the same usb port .

Topic starter

actually i didnt change de usb port since first install.

its extrange. anyway i will have to format de hdd in a few days or three.
ill bring news.

thankyou very much for your help and hope this forum to grow fast!

edit:
i got it!!!

the problem was the hid drivers. now they are correctly installed.
thanks for the help ^^