dj control mp3 e2 headphone listen issue

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

brand new to this forum

, im sure help is on the way! firstly here is my set-up:

imac running os x, 10.6.4. 3.06ghz intel core 2 duo with 4gb ram. internal sound card. additional usb sound card; turtle beach amigo ii. running virtual dj 1.0.5 djcedition mp3e2 with hercules dj control mp3 e2 drivers updated to 2.22.

so, i bought a hercules dj control mp3 e2 last week, it works fine out of the box with virtual dj le edition. the problem i have arose this morning when i received a usb sound card for headphone monitoring. i plugged it in, reset everything and then ran virtual dj le version.

the preferences were changed to:

inputs: none
outputs: headphones (master first card, headphones second card)
sound card: 2 cards. built in output first and turtle beach usb audio second.

the audio from the mac was fine at first, but the audio through the headphones were horrendous, completely distorted and awful. if i put outputs back to single output and test each sound card individually the sound is absolutely fine, so its not a sound card problem. i decided id try the "20 day free trial" of the pro version but this didnt solve the problem, although it allowed me access to more options in the preferences, mainly the performance section but no changes in here has made a difference.

oddly, if i run the free open-source software mixxx, the issue was there initially but i changed the audio from 44.1khz to 48khz and the problem went away. however, i dont quite like using mixxx as not all the same functionality is there with the hercules control interface. regardless of mixxx working to an acceptable degree, id like to fix the problem with virtual dj considering it came with the hercules control interface and isnt doing "as advertised", quite frankly.

i have noticed in the preferences that i can change the output of the internal sound card from 44.1khz up to 48khz but all that does is corrupt and distort the audio coming from the mac as well as the already distorted audio from the headphones through the amigo ii. in some regards i would like to change the settings for the amigo ii down to 44.1khz but unfortunately you cant do that. it is 48khz only.

could this be a latency issue between the two sound cards?

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. bottom line is that if i cant get this all to work as it was advertised to work, the whole lot is going back. 

5 Answers

Trying to get two soundcards working together is always a hit or miss situation: one product (using a different chip) would work well where another (with technically the same specs) would  sound like hell.

However, here is something else you can try (which may also require you to change the sample rate of the mac soundcard to 48 Khz as well):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215?viewlocale=en_US

If this fails, I would suggest to get one product that does everything, in this case, an external card with 2 stereo outputs.

5 Answers
Topic starter

The link you supplied was for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and as such threw me off track as the Preferences windows look different and adding Aggregate device(s) is different too.

However...

The correct link for

10.6 is here, and now everything works fine. Which is good, as I nearly threw the lot out the window.

Many thanks to DJ Phatso!

5 Answers
Topic starter

Tratar de obtener dos tarjetas de sonido trabajando juntos es siempre un éxito o se pierda situación: un producto (con un chip diferente) que funcionan bien en otro (con las mismas especificaciones técnicas) que suena como el infierno.

Sin embargo, aquí es algo más que usted puede probar (que también puede ser necesario cambiar la frecuencia de muestreo de la tarjeta de sonido a 48 Khz mac también):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215?viewlocale=en_US

Si esto no funciona, me permito sugerir para obtener un producto que hace todo, en este caso, una tarjeta externa con 2 salidas estéreo.

tengo problemas con mi hercules rmx con el cue monitor lo giro y my compu se traba mi compu es windows 7 todo funciona bien exepto el cue monitor ... uso vdj .. y la console funciona bien en windows vista  o xp  no se si necesite un upgade o un driver???????

5 Answers

Hola p40warhawk,

Do you use the driver version 2010.HDJC.2 or do you use an older driver in Windows 7?
Are you sure you have installed your DJ Console Rmx driver in administrator mode in Windows 7?  

5 Answers
Topic starter

Its most likely just that second sound card. Tru a new one and if that doesnt work try reconfiguring your vdj.

5 Answers
Topic starter

trying to get two soundcards working together is always a hit or miss situation: one product (using a different chip) would work well where another (with technically the same specs) would  sound like hell.

however, here is something else you can try (which may also require you to change the sample rate of the mac soundcard to 48 khz as well):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1215?viewlocale=en_us

if this fails, i would suggest to get one product that does everything, in this case, an external card with 2 stereo outputs.

Topic starter

the link you supplied was for mac os x 10.5 leopard and as such threw me off track as the preferences windows look different and adding aggregate device(s) is different too.

however...

the correct link for

10.6 is here, and now everything works fine. which is good, as i nearly threw the lot out the window.

many thanks to dj phatso!

Topic starter

tratar de obtener dos tarjetas de sonido trabajando juntos es siempre un éxito o se pierda situación: un producto (con un chip diferente) que funcionan bien en otro (con las mismas especificaciones técnicas) que suena como el infierno.

sin embargo, aquí es algo más que usted puede probar (que también puede ser necesario cambiar la frecuencia de muestreo de la tarjeta de sonido a 48 khz mac también):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1215?viewlocale=en_us

si esto no funciona, me permito sugerir para obtener un producto que hace todo, en este caso, una tarjeta externa con 2 salidas estéreo.

tengo problemas con mi hercules rmx con el cue monitor lo giro y my compu se traba mi compu es windows 7 todo funciona bien exepto el cue monitor ... uso vdj .. y la console funciona bien en windows vista  o xp  no se si necesite un upgade o un driver???????

Topic starter

hola p40warhawk,

do you use the driver version 2010.hdjc.2 or do you use an older driver in windows 7?
are you sure you have installed your dj console rmx driver in administrator mode in windows 7?  

Topic starter

its most likely just that second sound card. tru a new one and if that doesnt work try reconfiguring your vdj.