dj control mp3 e2 i...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control mp3 e2 in need of serious help!

48 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all, just recieved my brand new dj control mp3 e2 lasnight via post and plugged it in, installed drivers etc. when launching virtual dj it says it does not recognise the controller. i look t my taskbar and the little dj vinyll had a little red "x" on it and it was saying there was nothing connected. i rooted around my computer and discovered it was something to do with the "bulk driver" i have searched all over google and the hercules tech support and nothing there helped at all! there were no drivers on the website or anything! im going mad because it is only new! im really dissapointed so far. please anyone your help would be much appreciated!!!! i am running windows vista 32bit on a hp pavillion dv6000 laptop

24 Answers
Topic starter

Hello DJ Orress,

If the DJ vinyl had a little red "X" it means that your controller is not plugged or is not well installed you can check it in the Device Manager and check if the 2 drivers are well installed in the Audio/Video/Game controler you should see 2 drivers when your controller is plugged :    DJ Control MP3e2 Bulk and DJ Control MP3e2 MIDI.

Anyway, can you please do the following actions:
1/ Uninstall the Hercules DJ Products Series drivers in the Add/Remopve progs config panel of windows.

2/ Install the Hercules drivers again (they are on your CD) and plug your MPe2 controller ONLY when the installer asks to do so.

3/ Check if the DJ vinyl has no red cross left and if you can open the Control Panel, if so you will be able to open Virtual DJ and start playing.

24 Answers
Topic starter

ok did that, and it didint work =( im getting so furstrated! i was looking at the bulk driver and trying to see whats going on and the message frm windows said "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"
Is it my computers fault??

24 Answers
Topic starter

this is what i have, help would be much appreciated!!

Bulk: 4.6.6.0
ASIO: 4.5.9.0
MIDI: 4.3.4.0

But when i take a look at my device manager all i see is:
DJ Control MP3 e2 Bulk (with a yellow triangle with a "!")
DJ Control MP3 e2 MIDI

24 Answers

Hello Orress,

1) Have you ran the driver installation in administrator mode after disabling the firewall?
A not perfectly set firewall may prevent the installation of a part of the driver, causing the bug you meet. Installing a peripheral requires being in administrator mode.

2) You should always describe your configuration as if you were talking to a tech support, since asking for help on a forum is as calling a tech suppiort centre.
- What is you computer (model, laptop or desktop, CPU, RAM)?
- what is your operating system (as Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3, or Vista 32-bit Service Pack 1)?
- Did you get any message during the installation?
Remark: If you have cancelled the installation when you got Windows warning message "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatibility with Windows XP", then of course you didn't install your DJ Control MP3 e2, so you must accept to install the DJ Control MP3 e2 software, in spite of Macrosoft warning message, otherwhise it will never work, since Windows.

3) If you see an exclamation mark for DJ Control MP3 e2 bulk driver (in Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager > Sound, video, and game controllers), then it means the device is not properly detected or installed, so can you
- Locate the DJ Control MP3 e2 Bulk line
- Right-click the device, and then click Properties, and go to the driver tab. 
- Click on driver details button, and go to the line finishing with HDJBulk.sys
- Please confirm it is the line C:\WINDOWS\System32\HDJBulk.sys 
- Please confirm the version displayed in this menu is 4.810.

24 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack!
yes i am the administrator on my computer and yes i have disabled my firewall!
In my first post i said I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop running Windows VISTA 32bit.
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 1.60 GHz
RAM: 958MB
and this laptop DID NOT come wit a vista installation DVD

24 Answers
Topic starter

i can confirm that the line is C:\WINDOWS\System32\HDJBulk.sys
and that it says 4.810

24 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack!
yes i am the administrator on my computer and yes i have disabled my firewall!
In my first post i said I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop running Windows VISTA 32bit.
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 1.60 GHz
RAM: 958MB
and this laptop DID NOT come wit a vista installation DVD

Hummmm... same problem... and same OS (W. Vista 32 bit...). I tried everything without success...
Now i'm going to format my pc and install Vista 64 bit... desperate measures... :/

24 Answers
Topic starter

I said "desperate measures..." BUT IT WORKS!!!
The problem was the OS Windows Vista 32 bits... now, with Vista 64 bits: problem fixed... πŸ™‚

24 Answers
Topic starter

hey walluwa! was it with Dj controll mp3 e2 u wer having this problem? and how do i switch 2 64bits? and would all my personall files be erased??

24 Answers
Topic starter

I had the problem with the DJ Control MP3 e2 working on Vista 32 bits. To fix it, I had to format my PC and install another OS (Vista Ultimate 64 bits, from a diferent DVD than the 32 bits OS)... before that, of course, I made a backup of my personal files... so they were erased...
GL!

24 Answers
Topic starter

i really hope this doesnt have to happen to me...but now that ur files are backed up everything is there i take it?

24 Answers

Hello Orress,

The DJ Control MP3 e2 is supposed to work OK in Vista 32-bit, so I understand re-installing Vista (in 32-bit as in 64-bit) should solve the issue, but a less extreme solution is to find what doesn't work as expected.

24 Answers
Topic starter

there is a driver that will just not work! thats the main problem

24 Answers
Topic starter

I know it's been a while since the thread was posted but I was wondering if the issue has been resolved.
I too purchased a Hercules Control MP3 e2 and I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as Orress.
I'm running Vista home premium 32bit service pack 2. I was also under the impression that it should work with this system but I am indeed also getting the black DJ square with the red x underneath.

I've tried uninstalling the bulk driver software as explained and all Hercules software and reinstalling from the official site,with no firewalls or anti virus running.Virtual DJ doesn't recognise it.Neither does traktor.
I'm not prepared to install a 64bit version of vista unless absolutely necessary as I have huge amounts of collected data viable to be lost.

Considering the length of time from the original thread I was wondering like I said if the issue has been resolved.
Thank you for reading this and indeed if you have a solution for taking the time to possibly answer.
Next step send the controller back which is the last thing I want to do.

Oh and don't bother with the technical support phoneline,they told me it might work if I plugged the USB into the back port and not the front ?!?!?

Peace/Unity....Mwnci =O)

24 Answers

So just to be sure about the state of things on your system at the moment:

- you tried installing using the latest driver (2010.HDJS.2) currently available on the support site, following this installation procedure:

- as instructed by Technical support, you tried connecting the MP3 e2 to another USB port ?

This may seem trivial, but unfortunately, not all USB ports are created equal, and some may indeed work better than others with certain devices. As well, upon connection, the device will need to be reinstalled by Windows, which may work correctly or display an error message you may have missed during the initial installation.

- if the problem persist, what is the error message displayed by the Bulk device properties in Device Manager ?

24 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you for your response.

I have tried everything as instructed by Technical support and I have tried 6 USB ports.
The device is reinstalled by windows.
3 updates,Do not turn off computer.
The system hangs quite a lot and the Windows loading bar keeps appearing.
When the updates seem complete it hangs again,the only message to appear on the screen during this hang is....
105/105 (Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CMF\Config)
Windows then gives me the message..
Updates were not configured correctly.Reverting changes.
System hangs and I'm back with a black DJ box with a red X in my taskbar.
In device drivers i have the following..
DJ Control MP3 e2 Bulk(with the yellow triangle and a warning/exclamation mark)
Right click options are..
Update driver software
Disable
Uninstall
Scan for hardware changes
Properties......opening properties gives the following.
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39)
The Driver version is 5.0.6.0
Under Driver File Details i get the following....
c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HDJAsioKsys 
 c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HDJABulk sys
 c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HDJACtrl sys
 c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\HDJAMidi sys
 c:\Windows\System32\WDF CoInstaller 01009.dll
The file version =4.890
 I hope this information has been of any use to you/myself and others,thank you for the swift reply and any other responses.
Peace...mwnci(which happens to be welsh for monkey and is my monicker so your profile pic made me smile,as i have it also as well as) 

24 Answers

Good informations (I wouldn't expect less from a fellow monkey ;-).

There seems to be a few things at play here.

You mentionned getting the following messages:

"3 updates,Do not turn off computer. "
"105/105 (Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CMF\Config)"
"Updates were not configured correctly.Reverting changes."

These are associated with the Windows Updates process, which looks to be failing for some reasons and slowing down your computer.

While not directly linked to the installation of the MP3 e2, this could obviously have an influence on the results. However, the drivers files seem to be copied properly by the installer, so hope is not totally lost.

Let's try a few things:

1)Manual installation

From Device Manager, right-click the Bulk device and select

Update Driver > Browse my computer ...> Let me pick from a list ...> Have Disk and use Browse to point to the folder

C:\Programs Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\Drivers 

Once selected, click Next to complete the installation.

If this worked, great. If not....

2)Let's take it one piece at a time

- Uninstall the DJ driver from Control Panel > Programs and features

- Run Windows update let it install everyting there is, rebooting as many times as necessary.

- Once this is all not, physically  disconnect your computer from the internet, just to prevent any influence from Windows update or searching online for driver.

- Disable antivirus and firewall

- Run the DJ installation package as admin.

24 Answers
Topic starter

Both options tried(2nd option seeming the most logical)
Same results unfortunately with both =O(
I think the problem may very well exist with windows,and,it's going to be a terrible shame to have to return the item.
Thank you for all of your help,it was extremely informative.
Ho hum what to do next with these itchy trigger fingers.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
From one Mwnci to another Heddwch(Welsh for peace)
=O) 

24 Answers
Topic starter

Now out of nowhere I have a box on my desktop.

DJ ControlSteel with options to set,MIDI and the 2 jog wheels.

Everything else still applies as to previous posts.

Baffled much, I know I am, and my returns policy is slowly running out with Amazon 

Help!!!!!!! 

24 Answers

By "a box on my desktop" do you mean a window (which by your description looks to the control panel for the DJ Steel) with which you can actually interact ?

24 Answers
Topic starter

Sorry yes it's a window
I can change midi channel controls 1-16
Change jog wheel settings.
That's under a tab entitled main,the about tab doesn't open. 

24 Answers

Haunted computer I say πŸ™‚

I just sent you a friend request so I can send you private message to get some ifo out of you.

24 Answers
Topic starter

Where am I looking for the request sir?

24 Answers

Under MYSPACE on the top menu.

24 Answers
Page 1 / 4