problem with the re...

Notifications
Clear all

problem with the resolution on vdj 5

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

its just happened - never be before  , when i goin to start vdj 5 show me this : warning - the skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen!
so i didnt touch anything in resolution settings in my laptop , and i never change any skin ., i cant make virtual fit to screen (not full screen) help me with that please!!!

5 Answers
Topic starter

u need to download a smaller size skin 1200x800 is what mostly fit well atleast for me but i dont think it has nothing to do with your laptop just the size of the skin

5 Answers
Topic starter

i can't use the resize skin tools ...wants to donate money ..i find skins only i need to know where should be put (which folder) to be on my virtual dj interface

5 Answers

Hello Monkata,

If you install VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC, it will be installed in the resolution of your computer, so you just need to install ore re-install VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC.

You should ALWAYS describe your configuration when you ask for help: nobody sees your computer, so you should describe precisely:
- what is your computer (CPU, RAM, environment (for example Windows XP SP3)) 
- what is your display resolution (for example 1024x768 in 24-bit)
- what is you precise version of VirtualDJ (for example VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC).

If you have VirtualDJ 5 DJC, you cannot load skins, you just uses the skin in which your software is installed, and VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC installs the skin 1280x800, or 1024x768, or 1024x600 depending on the resolution of your display at the moment of the installation.

If you have a previous version of VirtualDJ 5 DJC, you must register on VirtualDJ.com website (with your VirtualDJ 5 DJC serial number) to download the last version, which is VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC.

VirtualDJ skin resizer is not really a tool for the end users, it is more a tool for the creators of skins.

5 Answers
Topic starter

you right i did my question without info 🙂 so here is :

HP Pavilion dv5 - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU , P7350 , 2.00GHz , 3,00 GB of RAM , NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS - Vista operation system
My resolution is 1280x720 and use Virtual DJ 5.2.2 with my Hercules DJ console

I install the new 5.2.2 under 1280x720 resolution , but before versions i did same thing when i install and the resolution was no problem ...when i download 5.2.2 and install for the first time show this messege when i start Virtual DJ - "Warning - The skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen!"
I can't make fit to my screen and it's like a square on my desktop..

5 Answers

Hello mOnkata,

The issue looks like a bug in the detection of the 1280x720 resolution, which is more common on TV than on computers.
1) What is your model of DV5 (as HP has several DV5 model), since the DV5 I have seen support 1280x800 display? If your computer supports a 1280x800 resolution, why do you use 1280x720 resolution in VirtualDJ?
2) Can you try changing to 1024x768 resolution, then installing VirtualDJ, running it once, and changing after to your 1280x720 resolution?

5 Answers
Topic starter

u need to download a smaller size skin 1200x800 is what mostly fit well atleast for me but i dont think it has nothing to do with your laptop just the size of the skin

Topic starter

i cant use the resize skin tools ...wants to donate money ..i find skins only i need to know where should be put (which folder) to be on my virtual dj interface

Topic starter

hello monkata,

if you install virtualdj 5.2.2 djc, it will be installed in the resolution of your computer, so you just need to install ore re-install virtualdj 5.2.2 djc.

you should always describe your configuration when you ask for help: nobody sees your computer, so you should describe precisely:
- what is your computer (cpu, ram, environment (for example windows xp sp3)) 
- what is your display resolution (for example 1024x768 in 24-bit)
- what is you precise version of virtualdj (for example virtualdj 5.2.2 djc).

if you have virtualdj 5 djc, you cannot load skins, you just uses the skin in which your software is installed, and virtualdj 5.2.2 djc installs the skin 1280x800, or 1024x768, or 1024x600 depending on the resolution of your display at the moment of the installation.

if you have a previous version of virtualdj 5 djc, you must register on virtualdj.com website (with your virtualdj 5 djc serial number) to download the last version, which is virtualdj 5.2.2 djc.

virtualdj skin resizer is not really a tool for the end users, it is more a tool for the creators of skins.

Topic starter

you right i did my question without info 🙂 so here is :

hp pavilion dv5 - intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu , p7350 , 2.00ghz , 3,00 gb of ram , nvidia geforce 9200m gs - vista operation system
my resolution is 1280x720 and use virtual dj 5.2.2 with my hercules dj console

i install the new 5.2.2 under 1280x720 resolution , but before versions i did same thing when i install and the resolution was no problem ...when i download 5.2.2 and install for the first time show this messege when i start virtual dj - "warning - the skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen!"
i cant make fit to my screen and its like a square on my desktop..

Topic starter

hello monkata,

the issue looks like a bug in the detection of the 1280x720 resolution, which is more common on tv than on computers.
1) what is your model of dv5 (as hp has several dv5 model), since the dv5 i have seen support 1280x800 display? if your computer supports a 1280x800 resolution, why do you use 1280x720 resolution in virtualdj?
2) can you try changing to 1024x768 resolution, then installing virtualdj, running it once, and changing after to your 1280x720 resolution?