dj control mp3 e2 i...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control mp3 e2 incompatible with usb 3.0? please help!!

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ive just got a new laptop (asus n56vm) which only has usb 3.0 ports and ive been trying for ages to get my mp3 e2 working with traktor with no success.

i have a desktop pc with the same build of traktor (2.0.1) for which my controller works on so i know it is not an issue with the controller. also, both the laptop and the pc have the same build of windows (windows 7 x64). 

on my laptop traktor picks up that my controller is plugged in and displays that it is connected, however it does not register any input.

i have also tried using midi monitor to test my controller but it seems it is not compatible with my high resolution display as i cannot see some of the gui inside the program box (it isnt resizable). however when i think i managed to use midi monitor correctly the data monitor section displayed nothing and didnt change when i presssed buttons on my controllers. on my desktop midi monitor displayed feedback to me pressing buttons.

i have the latest intel usb 3.0 drivers and the only noticeable difference i can see between my working desktop setup and my laptop setup is that the former has usb 2.0 sockets and the latter has usb 3.0

has anyone else had similar problems using the mp3 e2 with usb 3.0 or know of a fix or workaround?