Notifications
Clear all

dj control mp3 e2 problem!

32 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just bought the controller.

installed it on my desktop, which has windows xp, and it worked successfully.

now, i have been trying to install the controller on my laptop (which has vista home premium 32-bit), and so far im getting frustrated. i downloaded the latest drivers and attempted to install it, but to no avail. the console has a red x icon on it, and the computer tells me the driver failed to install. after a dozen un-installations and re-installations (also with the cd), im getting very disappointed. i followed the steps i gathered from other forum posts of this issue. were there a couple of attempts in which itself when i rebooted the computer plugged into the controller.

can someone find a way to make this work, because im ticked off about this. ive been using virtual dj on my laptop to make mix-tapes instead of the desktop for two years now. i bought this product to have more control with the software, and now it seems like i wasted $ 100.

please help!? 

16 Answers
Topic starter

You're not alone if that's any consolation.

Let's hope that the developers are taking notes.

Peace ..Mwnci =O) 

16 Answers

@Ahmed

Can you try these steps:

From Device Manager, right-click the Bulk device and select

Update Driver > Browse my computer ...> Let me pick from a list ...> Have Disk and use Browse to point to the folder

C:\Programs Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\Drivers 

Once selected, click Next to complete the installation.

16 Answers
Topic starter

@Ahmed

Can you try these steps:

From Device Manager, right-click the Bulk device and select

Update Driver > Browse my computer ...> Let me pick from a list ...> Have Disk and use Browse to point to the folder

C:\Programs Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\Drivers 

Once selected, click Next to complete the installation.

It works! Big Thanks!Cool

Now, the only situation I have is with the whirring sound when I use the crossfader. I did a sample mix and the sound appeared in the recording. 

16 Answers

Hello Ahmed,

Getting a noise when moving a fader is an issue on early VirtualDJ MP3 e2 version in WDM, it has been solved in a software update, so you have 2 possible solutions:
- change your sound mode into ASIO instead of WDM (if your sound card has no ASIO drivers, you can use ASIO4All), the noise should disappear, 
- update VirtualDJ to  virtualdj_djc_e2_v1.0.5 you can download it for free on VirtualDJ website here after registering on VirtualDJ website with your VirtualDJ DJC e2 serial number (the serial number sticked on the enveloppe of DJ Control MP3 e2 CD).   

16 Answers
Topic starter

I am having the same problem as Ahmed,and i feel i also have wasted 100€.I have trawled this forum and other websites,tried EVERYTHING and still the controller is not being detected. I have 32 bit Windows Vista Home,and its the bulk drivers that dont update

16 Answers

So you've tried:

- the manual installation procedure mentionned above ?

- installting the MP3 e2 on another computer ? With the exact same results ?

16 Answers
Topic starter

yes.installed/uninstalled tens of times.i have no other computer to try it on at the moment,but i dont see how that will help,as the only problem is the bulk drivers,and the control panel detecting the mp3 e2

16 Answers

Trying on another computer is mainly to see if the controller works, or confirm that it might be defective (if the problem is persistant on both computers).

16 Answers
Topic starter

ok,its just i see many people are having problems with this controler on vista 32bit,and it seems a small problem as only one driver is the recurring fault for everyone

16 Answers

Hello dubsteppr,

Are you installing the DJ Control MP3 e2 drivers:
- in administrator mode
- without clicking on anything when Windows sends its pop up menu of new hardware found?    

16 Answers
Topic starter

ye administrator and im not clicking on anyhting.nothing happens it says the drivers are installed and it asks me to restart the computer but it just never gets detected

16 Answers

Do you notice a difference between 1) booting the computer with the controller connected and 2) connecting it after the computer is completly booted and everything has been initiallised ?

16 Answers
Topic starter

no there is no visible difference.how much does it cost to upgrade to 64-bit windows?

16 Answers

Hello dubsteppr,

The issue you mention is not an issue of Vista 32-bit, it is just an issue which must be solved.
DJ Control MP3 e2 is normally properly functional in Windows Vista 32-bit, so changing to Windows 64-bit may not solve this issue on your computer, if the problem is not a Windows setting.

Did you contact Hercules technical support

16 Answers
Topic starter

yes i sent an email yesterday morning,i still have no idea whats wrong i tried everything else that you have recommended to others

16 Answers
Topic starter

when it asks you to add a system to your profile,there is no option for windows vista.how can they fix it if they dont know my specs?

16 Answers
Page 1 / 3