dj controller not f...

Notifications
Clear all

dj controller not found

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey,for some reason my computer says that theres no hardware plugged in but when i plug it in the hurceles words light up and i dont know what to doand i need help please and thank you

Topic starter

its the dj controller mp3 e2

Topic starter

help me please

Can you give us more details about your computer and operating system you are using ?

I would first recommend downloading and installing thre latests driver available on the support site, as the ones on the provided installation CD may be old and inappropriate for your computer.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=61&pid=241&cid=1

Be sure to strictly follow the installation procedure:

PC: 

MAC:

Once completed, you can verify that your controller is properly installed:

PC: 

MAC:

Note that they may also be an updated version of Virtual DJ:

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

You will need to enter the provided serial number into your newly created profile in order to access the update.

Topic starter

the thing is that i already used the controller and i have a windows 7 compaq usb 3.0

Topic starter

also theres no icon for hercules in device manager its as if its not downloading completely

There is indeed a problem betwwen the MP3 e2 and some USB 3.0 controllers. We are currently looking into this problem.

Can you give me the exact model of your computer so we can look at the specs ? There may also be some updates from the manufacturer regarding the USB 3.0 controller that could help.

Otherwise, there is a temporary workaround which is to connect the MP3 e2 to a powered USB hub instead of directly to the computer. It is not garanteed to work in all cases, but worth giving it a try.

Topic starter

the model is Presario CQ57-439WM

According to the specs, this computer model doesn't have USB 3.0 ports, so the problem is not related to that.

You said you have use the controller before. What it on ths same computer or another one ?

What hapenned when you try the installation using the latest update as suggested previously ?

Did you get any error messages ? If so, at which point during the process ?

Topic starter

i nget an error pop up when i click on the hercules icon and it says error no devices find for this software and it does the whole installation it never stops

Hello,

1) When you have installed DJControl MP3 e2 driver, the installer software asks you to plug all the Hercules DJ devices and when you have plugged DJ Control MP3 e2 on the USB port, Windows sent a message "new device found": please confirm you have NOT clicked on this message, since if you did it, it interferes with the installation of the proper driver.
When you get Windows "New device found" pop up message while you install a hardware which has its own installer software, never answer to any of the Windows "New device found" messages, or you always crash the installation.

If you have answered to the Windows message, then the driver installation is not complete and you should re-run the driver installation (the first time, the installer will remove the unexpect driver installed by Microsoft pop up, and the second time, the installer will install the appropriate driver.

2) You should answer to Phatso question "You said you have use the controller before. Was it on the same computer or another one?" as it is a useful question.

Topic starter

i understand what pop up you are talking about everytime i plug in the device but the pop up dosent show up anymore and i did this when i didnt have the hercules version installed and i am still using the same computer its like my computer cant findthe device but the controller is on because the hercule letters still light up when i plug it in