Notifications
Clear all

djcontrol inpulse 300 mk2 traktor pro 3 mapping

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

hi, 

does anyone have a decent midi mapping for traktor pro 3 for the impulse 300 mk2 ? i have used the one for the impulse 300 but there are some weird things going on and i dont have the knowledge yet for remapping them correctly. 

Hi,

Since the Inpulse 300 and 300 MK2 are sending the same MIDI commands, the mapping for the 300 should work for both equally.

However, it was created a while ago and there may have been some changes to Traktor that would require a revision. 

Can you describe what does not seem to work properly ? 

Topic starter

1. The Inpulse 300 has a vinyl button on top of the loop buttons that enables/disables vinyl (scratch) mode. For the MK2 this button has been replaced by the "ON" button which should turn on/off the latest loop setting that was chosen. The vinyl button for the Mk2 is now together with the slip button. reprogramming both these would be a nice start. How do i choose vinyl mode in traktor ? Slip mode is the same as Flux, right ? 

2. When using the midi mapping file from the 300, i noticed the sync button is always blinking, no matter if i pressed sync or not. Why is it that it should be in a blinking state ? I managed to reprogram these to be always on or off depending on the state, but they never blink. 

3. the Q button on both decks is normally used for Quantize mode right, but Traktor only has a global quantize setting if i'm right, so having this button on both decks seems a bit weird ? Shift + Q is used to change the tempo scale but that doesn't work in traktor. How to set the tempo scale in Traktor ?

Topic starter

I managed to remap most of the controls to my liking. If anyone is interested just let me know.

Glad you did. 

I'll make a request for these mapping files to be revised according to the new layouts.