do i need hercules ...

Notifications
Clear all

do i need hercules drivers for macbook pro el capitan?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello again!
do i need to download and install the drivers for my hercules controlers on my macbook pro el capitan or when i connect the controler it will be recognised at once?

thank you

Hello,

It is better to install the last driver pack (5.89, here: https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djconsolermx2-en/ ) to use your DJ controller in El Capitan.
It is needed for Mk2 (which is not USB midi), but you can use your Rmx2 without installing any driver, if you prefer.

Topic starter

Hello,

It is better to install the last driver pack (5.89, here: https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djconsolermx2-en/ ) to use your DJ controller in El Capitan.
It is needed for Mk2 (which is not USB midi), but you can use your Rmx2 without installing any driver, if you prefer.

Thank you guys for the answer!
Now the reason I ask is because :
First I download and install the driver you mentioned.Then I connect my MK2 and worked fine.
Next step it was to try without drivers so I uninstall the driver and again my MK2 worked fine in two 6houred Dj sets!
Next step was to connect and check the RMX2 without drivers.The news weren't good.Although the controller was flashing and load one track at the player before the same track ends it was no action from the controller.I try every button and no reaction but the track was still playing until it finished and stop.Only with the mouse I could take action.
So I install again the latest driver and everything was act normally after that!
That's why I ask this because it was a little bit strange for the MK2 to work without drivers and RMX2 don't. 

Hello,

Maybe the Mk2 Mac, sold with Traktor 3 LE, is different from the regular Mk2, but I have just connected the old Mk2 I have found on a PC, and without drivers it is not a MIDI controller, so it does not control anything (it works once the drivers are installed).

Topic starter

One more ''light'' question...
i download and install the drivers for rmx2...It creates an icon on the desktop : djconsole rmx2.it's a shortcut.do i need to execute/open this shortcut/application before i start to use VirtualDj with my RMX2 BLACK AND GOLD? 

Hello djnet71,

The icon you see is for the control panel of Rmx2, to change settings in DJConsole Rmx2.
You do not need to open the DJConsole Rmx2 control panel before running VirtualDJ, the control panel is needed only to change a setting of the Rmx2 as:
- change the line input level (0dB for consumer audio gears or +6dB for pro gears)
- activate or not the velocity on the pads (for DJing, I find it easier when the velocity is off)
- change the MIDI channel
- reassign the headphones output (channel 3-4 by default, it can be reassigned to channel 1-2 for multimedia use)
and to read the unit serial number.

Topic starter

Hello djnet71,

The icon you see is for the control panel of Rmx2, to change settings in DJConsole Rmx2.
You do not need to open the DJConsole Rmx2 control panel before running VirtualDJ, the control panel is needed only to change a setting of the Rmx2 as:
- change the line input level (0dB for consumer audio gears or +6dB for pro gears)
- activate or not the velocity on the pads (for DJing, I find it easier when the velocity is off)
- change the MIDI channel
- reassign the headphones output (channel 3-4 by default, it can be reassigned to channel 1-2 for multimedia use)
and to read the unit serial number.

Thank you!!!!