download problems w...

Notifications
Clear all

download problems with instinct and traktor

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i am still having problems with the above. it seems part of the preferences page in traktor was hidden. after reconfiguring my windows toolbar to the side of the screen i can just see further buttons at the bottom. i pressed import as suggested, and it opens a windows page titled open. there are 4 items on the page: _inputmode - timecode cd line, _inputmode - timecode vinyl, _mixermode - external mixer, _mixermode - internal mixer. it is prompting me for a file name. what do i do next??

Navigate to the place on your computer where you've save and decompressed the mapping files you've downloaded from the support site, then select it and click OPEN to load it, as indicated in the configuration document.

Topic starter

I'm just getting the message: Adobe Reader could not open 'Hercules DJControl Instinct.djayMidiMapping because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

Why exactly are you trying to load a file meant for Djay when you are using Traktor?

In this file (which you must have downloaded since you were looking at the configuration document):

You should also have two .TSI files (DJ_Instinct_TP2_v250(PC) and DJ_Instinct_TP2_v250(MAC) respectively). This is the mapping file you need to load (accoring to your operating system) into Traktor for the DJ Control Instinct to be recognized.