drivers wont instal...

Notifications
Clear all

drivers wont install- error message

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i downloaded the newest drivers for my dj control steel and tried to run the exe but get a windows error message that says setup.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. i tried a reboot and nothing works. it just wont run. my computer is running fine and everything else works. i am sure i got the correct version for windows xp. i do have media center edition i hope that is not an issue. any ideas? if the driver wont install i cant use this thing! my vista laptop gives a similar error messgage. this looks like a new version #4. i thought it would be better to use the new version. ill try the old version on the disc, which is #3 i think.

4 Answers
Topic starter

ok, i found the disc and installed the old version which works fine now. was the new version tested before release? the fact that it gives a similar error on tow very different machines indicates a problem with the driver. they should take it down.

Topic starter

hi,

did you try re-download the file? might be corrupted.

also, now that you have the old drivers version installed, did you try the automatic web update???

Topic starter

auto update worked, thanks. i did not try to re-download the file.

Topic starter

actually you did. the auto update downloads the file to your computer and launchs the uninstallation/installation process.