Notifications
Clear all

erratic volume fader behaviour

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

ive been battling to get my friends hercules rmx to play nicely with my laptop and finally got it working the way i need except that the right deck volume fader oscillates wildy up and down by about 3/4db even when im not touching the hardware. when i do slide it up and down, i get no response in the software, it just stays where it is. it also seems to be somehow connected to the movement of the left deck fader, when i slide that up and down, the right fader moves with it, while continuing to oscilate up and down rapidly.

ive tried it on a windows xp laptop running traktor pro 2.0.1, and an imac running traktor pro 2.0.3 and seen the same thing. does this sound like a hardware failure? or perhaps i need to change my midi mapping as the two faders behaviours are interfering with each other or something.

any and all assistance on this would be gratefuly recieved.

thanks,
trav 

First thing to so is to confirm if the problem is software or hardware. The following document explain how to proceed:

If indeed it seem to be hardware, you may want to try cleaning the fader:

- First use a small vacuum or a can of air ro removed any amount of dust that may prevent good contact.

- An additional step would be to get some electronic contact cleaner, available from most electronic stores. This will help with potential corrosion that might have started to build.

Topic starter

Thanks very much phatso, looks like this is a hardware problem. I'll try your two other suggestions to try and fix it.