general laptop musi...

Notifications
Clear all

general laptop music through my rmx

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

can anyone tell how i get my general music ie from movies and youtube through my rmx.
use vdj pro.
seems only one input works on the console. have tv connected to that.
if i use my general laptop headphone output to my line in. no sound
any advice.
thanks.

4 Answers

Since the Rmx becomes your computer's default soundcard when you connect it to the USB port, it shoulnd't be a problem to use it as output for multimedia applications. Simply be sure that:

- WDM audio mode is select in the control panel (As only music applications such as VDJ support ASIO).

- In Windows Audio properties, the Rmx is set as the default playback device.

As for having your TV (or any other source) connected to the input, you will need to insure that :

- LINE In is select for INPUT 1/2 in the Control panel

- In the Advanced tab, select USB Streaming + Line In. This will allow the signal from your source to be send directly to the OUTPUT 1/2 of the console.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the swift reply.
Already found out about the usb streaming. wdm>asio etc
Only thing is can not control the volume then with the faders.
Or just control it on your laptop.
Does it recognizes a cdplayer automaticly on line in 3/4?

4 Answers

The Rmx is not a mixer, but a controller, so only a software that can use it as such in MIDI (like DJ or music software) will be able to use it to control some functions. The only controls that are linked to the hardware are the MIC in and headphone volume.  

In WDM, only one stereo pair input can be used , in this case 1/2. Input 3/4 is only available when in ASIO

4 Answers
Topic starter

thanks.
just needed a confirmation!

4 Answers
Topic starter

since the rmx becomes your computers default soundcard when you connect it to the usb port, it shoulndt be a problem to use it as output for multimedia applications. simply be sure that:

- wdm audio mode is select in the control panel (as only music applications such as vdj support asio).

- in windows audio properties, the rmx is set as the default playback device.

as for having your tv (or any other source) connected to the input, you will need to insure that :

- line in is select for input 1/2 in the control panel

- in the advanced tab, select usb streaming + line in. this will allow the signal from your source to be send directly to the output 1/2 of the console.

Topic starter

thanks for the swift reply.
already found out about the usb streaming. wdm>asio etc
only thing is can not control the volume then with the faders.
or just control it on your laptop.
does it recognizes a cdplayer automaticly on line in 3/4?

Topic starter

the rmx is not a mixer, but a controller, so only a software that can use it as such in midi (like dj or music software) will be able to use it to control some functions. the only controls that are linked to the hardware are the mic in and headphone volume.  

in wdm, only one stereo pair input can be used , in this case 1/2. input 3/4 is only available when in asio

Topic starter

thanks.
just needed a confirmation!