Notifications
Clear all

glitchy sound?

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

when djing i will hear cracks, pops, stutters, you name it. odd sounds...i might be turning knobs or i might be simply just listening to the mix. this problem is really persistant and it is annoying. i can provide clips of the audio glitches if need be.

let me know what i can do to stop this.

thank you

11 Answers
Topic starter

I guess you are using VirtualDJ 5.2.1?

Is your RMX set in WDM mode or Asio mode

You could try this, in the Performance tab of VirtaulDJ config set to this (if it is not all ready)

Preset slider, move it all the way to Fastest and set the Latency to Auto (from the drop down). Safe mode and Overclock, unchecked.

Give that a go mate.

11 Answers
Topic starter

When using VDJ I use WDM, but I have tried Traktor now and I like it much more than VDJ.
Traktor was giving me a lot of audio glitches, but I have sense moved the sampling rate from 44100hz to 48000hz and moved the latency to 1ms and the problem seems to be gone now.

Also in Traktor I have to use ASIO. ASIO or WDM at 44100hz seemed to not run the greatest on my machine.

11 Answers

Hello Factory81,

You should use VirtualDJ 5 in ASIO, VirtualDJ audio quality is better in ASIO than in WDM.

11 Answers
Topic starter

I seem to be having problems accessing the control panel using vista. So I cant change to asio. i tried to reload and i still cant get to it. I'm clueless as to what to do?

11 Answers
Topic starter

What software are you using, VirtualDJ Pro?

To open the control panel, you must click on the little record symbol near clock (on the tool bar)

11 Answers

Hello Maximasterdjhype,

1) In general, to open the control panel, click on the Vinyl disc icon on the tool bar (in the right bottom angle of the screen)

2) You cannot change the WDM or ASIO setting in the Control Panel once the DJ software is running, its is too late
- To set the Rmx in ASIO in VirtualDJ 5 Pro, click on VirtualDJ Config Panel, Go to Sound Setup, Select DJ Console Rmx as sound card and check the setting "Enable EQ on external inputs"
- To set the Rmx in WDM in VirtualDJ 5 Pro, click on VirtualDJ Config Panel, Go to Sound Setup, Select DJ Console Rmx as sound card and uncheck the setting "Enable EQ on external inputs"
- VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition switches the DJ Console Rmx in ASIO under Windows XP and Vista.

11 Answers
Topic starter

hey guys,

I get the same cracking sound while im cueing or even turning a knob on my dj steel controller

how do I resolve this issue?

11 Answers

Hi Joe,

The most likely issue with glitchy sound when tunring buttons or moving faders is an issue which occured only in WDM, not in ASIO, and before VirtualDJ 5.2.1.
In VirtualDJ Pro, it can also be bue to a setting called Safe mode which generally causes a bad sound quality.

11 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the help the glitch is gone but now its on my headphones i'll figure it out some how if you have any suggestions.

other than thats it sounds good.

11 Answers

Hello Joe,

Can you check if increasing the ASIO buffer changes the glitch?

What is your sound card? Is it the Mk2 or another sound card?

11 Answers
Topic starter

i guess you are using virtualdj 5.2.1?

is your rmx set in wdm mode or asio mode

you could try this, in the performance tab of virtauldj config set to this (if it is not all ready)

preset slider, move it all the way to fastest and set the latency to auto (from the drop down). safe mode and overclock, unchecked.

give that a go mate.

Topic starter

when using vdj i use wdm, but i have tried traktor now and i like it much more than vdj.
traktor was giving me a lot of audio glitches, but i have sense moved the sampling rate from 44100hz to 48000hz and moved the latency to 1ms and the problem seems to be gone now.

also in traktor i have to use asio. asio or wdm at 44100hz seemed to not run the greatest on my machine.

Topic starter

hello factory81,

you should use virtualdj 5 in asio, virtualdj audio quality is better in asio than in wdm.

Topic starter

i seem to be having problems accessing the control panel using vista. so i cant change to asio. i tried to reload and i still cant get to it. im clueless as to what to do?

Page 1 / 2