problems installing...

Notifications
Clear all

problems installing rmx please help!!

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi just recieved my second rmx, the first one went back due to a faulty sound card, ive just tried to insall the rmx drivers, it removed the old version then went to install the new one, i get a windows message asking do i wish to locate the drivers, i click yes and brings up a pic of the disk drive, but when you click load drivers if cant find them on the disk, if you press ok it then carries on loading and it will come up again and again in the end in a windows box it says unfortunatley your new hardware was not installed but then you get a hercules box come up that says it was installed corectly ive tried this on my other computer which is running vista and had the same problem, i also downloaded the latest firmware of the net and had the problems can not locate drivers,
ive tried the unit it works alot better than the last one all faders and knobs work but the sound quality is not perfect, it sounds really nice through headphones but out to speaker it sounds very poor quality.

please help before i send this one back and give up!!

intel pentium dual core 1.73ghz 2048mb ram running vista home premium

6 Answers

Ok, let start from the beginning again, and make sure everything is working fine.

- First double-click on the latest driver file your downloaded (2008-HDJS-3.exe), to uninstall the driver. Once the operation is complete, disconnect the console from the computer.

- Double-click the file again to launch the installation process

- After a few clicks, the files will be copied to your local hard drive, and you will get asked to connect the console.

- Once the console is detected, you will get a few windows poping-up for each components. DO NOT interact with them (i.e. DON'T CLICK on anything, EXCEPT for the following windows: 

You should normally get 4 of them. Accept every time.

- Once done, use this document to make sure you console is installed correctly:

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi just did exactly what you said deleted old files fine. double click to install fine then i get a windows box saying would you like to locate drivers i clicked yes it then brings up a box asking for the cd to be inserted with drivers on click yes and it can't locate drivers install has failed after this happening say 4 times the herc box comes up saying it was installed sucessfully but obviously its not, what can i try next????

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi just tried again deleted firmware then i checked in program files and there was alot of herc folders i deleted them then reintalled firmware had the same problems windows can'not find drivers but at the end of install herc say firmware installed,
i've had a look in device manager its all there, if you check in programs and features where you can delete programs the hercules drivers total 10.3mb.
i'm djing at a corperate event tonight, luckily i won't be relying on it but i should be able give it a good test i will let you know tomo.
is it possible windows can say that its not installed when it is ?? very confusing

6 Answers

I guess you haven't my previous post carefully...

When the popup to locate the driver appear,  DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT interact with them , meaning DON'T CLICK on anything, and wait for these:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/wreckman/images/Vista_Installati on_Window.jpg

ONLY click ACCEPT for these windows.

And when you say you reinstalled the firmware, you mean the driver package(2008-HDJS-3), correct ?

6 Answers
Topic starter

Running on Vista
This is the process I repeatedly go through without success:

Double click on latest driver (2009_HDJS_3.exe)

---> admin asks for permission to continue (click yes

Go through process to install "Hercules Dj Series Drivers"

It asks me if I would like to install device software

---> this is where the four boxes pop up that you took a screen of before

---> I went ahead and clicked "always trust software from this company

Now it's telling me to please connect all of the hercules dj products you want to install

I plug the controller into the computer and it starts blinking

Then I click next on the installation

---> while this is happening, windows notices that I have plugged in something, and starts locating the drivers on its own

--->

these pop up but i took note not to click on them

At the bottom right there's still a circling green orb around what looks like a white usb or something (icon)

---> when i click to see what that is, i get this

The installation process completes and i click finish, but the green orb/windows driver installation is still running

---> this runs for a while (about 30 mins) and then times out and tells me that windows couldn't find the drivers         needed

The dj icon at the bottom has a red x (telling me that things aren't fully installed i guess)

help please, I never clicked on anything other than the installation process from the driver pack i installed. Windows automatically read my usb and tried to do its own driver installation (at the same time?)

thanks

6 Answers

Looks like something happenend during the installation process. You'll have to complete the installation manually.

- Right- Click on Computer (from the Start menu), and select Manage

- From the left column, select Device Manager

- You should see all the Rmx devices with a yellow ! next to them, indicating that they haven't been installed correctly. 

- For each device right-click and select Update driver Software

- Then, Browse my computer for driver software followed by  Let me pick from a list...

- Next , click on Have disk, then browse to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Audio\DJ Console Series\driver\

then click OK

- You should be brought back to the previous window, indicating the name of the DJ consle Device to install. Click next to complete the installation process.

Proceed the same way until all 4 devices have been installed. The Control Panel icon should then apear normally in the task bar. 

6 Answers
Topic starter

Having the same problems with installing the drivers.
Working about 2 years with the rmx console but still haven't find THE answer for fixing the problem.
In the device manager (Windows 7) everything is installed okay except the usb audio device which should be called according Hercules support the "Hercules Dj Console RMX Bulk".
Windows keeps using it's own damn usb audio drivers which won't startup (Code 10).
Tried it all, uninstall drivers, re-install drivers, yes even the  2012_HDJS_5, putting windows in testmode and re-installed it, disabled even checking digital signature and anything you can think off.
Tried even fix it manualy the way DJ Phatso was telling here but.... no succes.
Windows just tells me, there no better or newer driver found.

Don't worry, the console works fine, I can dj with it, use as midiconsole, can use asio sound driver etc. EXCEPT....
I can't controle the sliders in the asio software panel since windows can't start it's own damn usb audio driver.

I realy need a way to get this fixed.
I realy need the proper usb audio drivers for the RMX build in soundcard so that windows stop bugging me with not starting up the usb audiodevice.
Is there another way besides uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, cause done that about 200 times I think, even if it means editing the register to tell Windows it needs to use other .sys files then it's own crappy software?
Richt now it uses USBAUDIO.sys and I think if I'm correct it needs to use HDJBulk.sys or HDJAsioK.sys

6 Answers

First off, sometimes it is better to start your own subject rather reviving one from nearly 4 years ago...

That being said, regarding your problem:

- You've been using the Rmx on the same computer for 2 years (always with Win 7?) and never managed to have it installed correctly, or did the problem occured recently ?

- You are using Windows 7 Sevice Pack 1, correct ?

- With the latest drivers (5.HDJS.2012) installed, this is what you should have in Device Manager if the console is installed correctly:

br />
Now, which one(s) appear correctly and which one(s) gives you the Code 10 error ?

- Would you happen to have other USB Audio devices such as headphones, webcam or speakers, attached to that computer?

If so, can you disconnect them and see what happen when reinstalling the DJ drivers ?

- You've tried other USB ports with the same results?

6 Answers
Topic starter

Having the same problems with installing the drivers Like so many people.
Working about 2 years with the rmx console but still haven't find THE answer for fixing the problem.
In the device manager (Windows 7) everything is installed okay except the usb audio device which should be called according Hercules support the "Hercules Dj Console RMX Bulk".
Windows keeps using it's own damn usb audio drivers which won't startup (Code 10).
Tried it all, uninstall drivers, re-install drivers, yes even the  2012_HDJS_5, putting windows in testmode and re-installed it, disabled even checking digital signature and anything you can think off.
Tried even fix it manualy the way DJ Phatso was telling.... no succes.
Windows just tells me, there's no better or newer driver found and keeps using it's own screwed-up default driver.

Don't worry, the console works fine, I can dj with it, use as midiconsole, can use asio sound driver etc. EXCEPT....
I can't controle the sliders in the asio software panel since windows can't start it's own damn usb audio driver.

I realy need a way to get this fixed.
I realy need the proper usb audio drivers for the RMX build in soundcard so that windows stop bugging me with not starting up the usb audiodevice.
Is there another way besides uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, cause done that about 200 times I think, even if it means editing the register to tell Windows it needs to use other .sys files then it's own crappy software?
Richt now it uses USBAUDIO.sys and I think if I'm correct it needs to use HDJBulk.sys orHDJAsioK.sys

As said, been using it for over 2 years now, neighter on my own computer (Vista Home Premium 32/64 bit, service pack 2), on my wife's computer (Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit) nor on my laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, service pack 1) won't the USB Audio Device install correct. 
It happens on all 3 computers, regarding what driverspack or USB port I'm using. 
No other USB audio Devices attached, just resently the Korg KP3, but the problem accured already from day 1. 
And yes I always use the latest driverspack from Hercules if there is a new one available. 
Problem is nomatter what I do, windows keep using it's own damn screwed-up drivers. 
Laptop is up to date with all it's required updates and servicepacks.

This is how it should be:

/a>

But instead of getting the Hercules DJ Console RMX as Device in the tab Sound, Video and Game Controllers I keep getting Windows own damn standard usb audio device.

Details of the USB Audio Device:
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\drmk.sys
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\portcls.sys
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\USBAUDIO.sys
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sysFxUl.sys
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\WMALFXGXFXDSP.dll 

6 Answers
Topic starter

ok, let start from the beginning again, and make sure everything is working fine.

- first double-click on the latest driver file your downloaded (2008-hdjs-3.exe), to uninstall the driver. once the operation is complete, disconnect the console from the computer.

- double-click the file again to launch the installation process

- after a few clicks, the files will be copied to your local hard drive, and you will get asked to connect the console.

- once the console is detected, you will get a few windows poping-up for each components. do not interact with them (i.e. dont click on anything, except for the following windows: 

you should normally get 4 of them. accept every time.

- once done, use this document to make sure you console is installed correctly:

Topic starter

hi just did exactly what you said deleted old files fine. double click to install fine then i get a windows box saying would you like to locate drivers i clicked yes it then brings up a box asking for the cd to be inserted with drivers on click yes and it cant locate drivers install has failed after this happening say 4 times the herc box comes up saying it was installed sucessfully but obviously its not, what can i try next????

Topic starter

hi just tried again deleted firmware then i checked in program files and there was alot of herc folders i deleted them then reintalled firmware had the same problems windows cannot find drivers but at the end of install herc say firmware installed,
ive had a look in device manager its all there, if you check in programs and features where you can delete programs the hercules drivers total 10.3mb.
im djing at a corperate event tonight, luckily i wont be relying on it but i should be able give it a good test i will let you know tomo.
is it possible windows can say that its not installed when it is ?? very confusing

Topic starter

i guess you havent my previous post carefully...

when the popup to locate the driver appear,  do not, i repeat, do not interact with them , meaning dont click on anything, and wait for these:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/wreckman/images/vista_installati on_window.jpg

only click accept for these windows.

and when you say you reinstalled the firmware, you mean the driver package(2008-hdjs-3), correct ?

Topic starter

running on vista
this is the process i repeatedly go through without success:

double click on latest driver (2009_hdjs_3.exe)

---> admin asks for permission to continue (click yes

go through process to install "hercules dj series drivers"

it asks me if i would like to install device software

---> this is where the four boxes pop up that you took a screen of before

---> i went ahead and clicked "always trust software from this company

now its telling me to please connect all of the hercules dj products you want to install

i plug the controller into the computer and it starts blinking

then i click next on the installation

---> while this is happening, windows notices that i have plugged in something, and starts locating the drivers on its own

--->

these pop up but i took note not to click on them

at the bottom right theres still a circling green orb around what looks like a white usb or something (icon)

---> when i click to see what that is, i get this

the installation process completes and i click finish, but the green orb/windows driver installation is still running

---> this runs for a while (about 30 mins) and then times out and tells me that windows couldnt find the drivers         needed

the dj icon at the bottom has a red x (telling me that things arent fully installed i guess)

help please, i never clicked on anything other than the installation process from the driver pack i installed. windows automatically read my usb and tried to do its own driver installation (at the same time?)

thanks

Page 1 / 2