headphone cue volum...

Notifications
Clear all

headphone cue volume too loud et distorted

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

when using rmx2 black & gold + virtual dj (7 or 8)...occasionally upon start up, headphone cue volume is uncontrollably loud.  even with headphone volume all the way down (zero), the volume is so loud it is distorting and threatening to blow the headphone speakers.  in these rare instances, the volume attenuator for the headphones is not functional.
i have had limited success in systematically shutting down each component - and restarting pc.  however, it usually takes 3 or 4 complete cycles.
because i have no idea what the problem is...i also dont know why it eventually resolves.
the controller is 2 years old, and this has been an occasional issue since purchase.

by occasional - i mean one out of 30-50 sessions.  for me, thats once every six to nine months.
however, when it happens on a gig, it is crippling.  if im lucky, i have time to restart until problem goes away.  however, the most recent occurrence left me playing a gig with no headphones.

my vdj settings are very typical:
- mains = out 1&2, headphones = out 3&4
- controller = hercules djconsole rmx2
- config/headphone_mix = headphone_mix

so, when pre-listening - i always have cue/mix 100% rolled to cue.  my volume attenuator varies depending on environment, but usually works great.
ive tried both top and front headphone jacks, and several different sets of headphones (beats, behringer, even skull candy in an emergency).  all have experienced the issue.

i use 3 different vdj two-deck skins...all have experienced the issue.
ditto for left and right deck, all settings of effects, gains, volumes, tracks, etc.
during this symptom...all other functionality is 100%, including main output sounds.  only the headphone output is affected.