help rmx 2 not work...

Notifications
Clear all

help rmx 2 not working!

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just got the hercules rmx 2 today, i hooked it up to my pc, updated the drivers, and it lights up and everything but it wont work. vdj and djuiced sees it as a soundcard but thats it. i dont know what to do here. how can i get it to work as a controller? 

DJUCED and the latest version of Virtual DJ Pro Full should recognize your controller without any configuration necessary, given that it is installed properly to start with.

Can you verify that it is the case, as described in the following documents ?

What are your computer's specs ?

Topic starter

I'm having the same problem.. My RMX2 worked great until today.. plugged it in.. powered it on.. and i powers up just fine. My comper says it sees it as both a controller and sound card, and both VDJ and DJUCED see it as a sound card, as well as the sound actually working, but the controls don't work on either. DJUCED give me a red erro message at the bottom of the screen "midi controller not present". I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, Ive tried all the different USB ports on my computerive tried reinstalling DJUCED, disabling/ enabling the console in the device manager, and turning the unit off and on. Ive had the RMX2 for a month and it has worked beautifully.. and then for no apparent reason it does this.
Im on an ASUS LAptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (64). Intel Pentium CPU B970 @ 2.30 GHz, 4G DDR2 Ram,
Virtual DJ 7.4 pro (b453) , Compuhost V2,  DJUCED 40, Presonus Studio One 2... and a bunch of other peripherals..
I've never had a problem till today.. any theories??

Topic starter

Ok so I tried the Midi monitor and it says "Error when trying to open the midi out device! This device is probably open by another application and can't be shared!" so .... uhm.... yeah... whatever that means..

Did you by any chance install any computer updates between the moment when it worked and now?

So it is seen as installed correctly in Device Manager ?

Have you looked in Task Manager if there was any programs still running (that you expected to be closed) that might have still have the MIDI ports opened?

Topic starter

No i have not installed any updates for windows or any other programs, nor are there any available.

Yes The device manager sees it twice.. once as a sound card, the other as teh controller. and when i click properties and check everything.. the drivers are all up to date.. and the computer says its functioning poroperly.
Yeah i pulled up the task manager and nothing is visible..
And Studio One 2 found it and was recieving inputs but only from the potents..and the sliders.
so.. i still don't know.. i have a ticket in with support.. seewhat they say..

Topic starter

ok . So now i really don't know.. I went to my neighbor, and downloaded the drivers on her computer, downloaded djucedand installed both, plugged my RMX2 into her machine, works great.. no problems at all.. bring it home plug it into mine.. nada.. same thing.. ccomputer sees it but Vdj and djuced both wont read  the midi part. sound will play through it and the asio driver is fine.. this is really getting frustrating anyone got any ideaas..

Hello,

I suppose there your DJConsole Rmx2 Midi drivers are no longer properly working on your computer, so I suggest you

1) Uninstall your Rmx2 drivers
Windows Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program >
select "Hercules DJ Product Series drivers" in the list, and click on uninstall on the top bar
(Uninstalling a program is described here).

2) Reboot your computer

3) Re-install your Rmx2 drivers.

Topic starter

Uhm..I've done that... several times..  and again, just now, to be sure...

It's not the drivers.. Its not the controller itself, because it works fine on a different computer, and it used to work great on my computer. I dont know what else to try....

Hello Thrill,

1) Make sure you were using a Windows administrator account on your computer when you have uninstalled Rmx2 drivers.

2) If you didn't install any software or update just before the Rmx2 stopped working, then you can try to restore your system to a moment before Rmx2 MIDI stopped being detected:
- Click on Windows Start button
- All Programs > Accessories > System Tools program group.
- Click on the System Restore program icon.
- Select as restore date the last moment in the list where your Rmx2 has been properly working.

Click Next and restore your computer.

PS: I still believe the drivers getting corrupted is a possible explanation, either Rmx2 drivers or other drivers of the system, for example on the usb port, but to make sure of it and qualify a solution, it would be necessary to duplicate your issue, which I don't know how to do.

This might also help:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/midinotdetected.html